Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/02/24 at 05:29:03
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Age old topic, not fixed,multiple blank locations (Read 2159 times)
TFay

Thanks for the help!

Age old topic, not fixed,multiple blank locations
04/30/07 at 07:48:21

I still have quite a few inventory items in my database that have two blank locations.  One location shows the On Hand and the other blank location shows the On BO qty's for the same part.  I can capture a snagit image of the IN-A screen but do not know how to attach it to this post so I can only describe what my screen looks like.  I would really like to fix this problem even if it means paying someone to help me do it.  If anybody else has had this problem and figured out how to clean up the database please let me know. cry
 cry cry cry

IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Re: Age old topic, not fixed,multiple blank locati
Reply #1 - 04/30/07 at 07:58:55

Right now the biggest problem with attaching an image to a post is that you must upload your picture to some other website and then link to it in this forum. That's kind of a tall order if 1. You don't know how to do it OR 2. You don't have anywhere to upload it to. I could see if there is a mod for this forum software that would allow people to upload attachments.

Quote from TFay on 04/30/07 at 07:48:21:
I still have quite a few inventory items in my database that have two blank locations. One location shows the On Hand and the other blank location shows the On BO qty's for the same part. I can capture a snagit image of the IN-A screen but do not know how to attach it to this post so I can only describe what my screen looks like. I would really like to fix this problem even if it means paying someone to help me do it. If anybody else has had this problem and figured out how to clean up the database please let me know. cry
cry cry cry

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #2 - 04/30/07 at 08:48:43

Or we could print a HOWTO on how to use PhotoBucket or some other silly picture place.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Reply #3 - 04/30/07 at 08:56:41

Yeah, something... People shouldn't be denied the ability to post pictures on here just because it's complicated right now. PhotoBucket would probably work. A HOWTO on that and using the IMG tag on this forum should suffice.

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

Email WWW   IP Logged
TFay

Thanks for the help!

Reply #4 - 05/01/07 at 09:34:41

This forum never ceases to amaze me.  I get three responses to my original post talking about my inability to attach a picture of my IN-A Location screen and absolutely no response regarding the DBA problem I posted about.  The reason that this is an age old problem is becuase there seems to be no avenue for me to pursue a fix.  Does ISTECH not offer fee based support?  Anyone willing to help me fix this for $800/hr ?????

IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #5 - 05/01/07 at 10:01:38

From reading your first post I would say most readers would see that you had two problems.  I have no solution to the first- how can DBA have two location records with the same code (blank) for one part?  
If I could see what you are seeing maybe it would make sense-- hence the response from others on your second problem- not being able to show us!
IS Tech Support does offer paid support plans, by month or by incident-  Go to the support tab when you first open the forum.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Reply #6 - 05/01/07 at 10:28:51

As Cathy said, I didn't immediately know how to be of any help with your real problem but I thought that I could comment on your secondary problem (not being able to show us pictures).

My guess is that the two blank locations aren't really blank but instead contain unprintable characters or something. Maybe a different amount of spaces? I haven't dug into the DBA code and I don't know how sensitive to such things it is. I do remember something about fixing binary zeros and I wonder if that's got anything to do with it but my memory of that topic is foggy. I'm just bringing it up in case it jogs someone else's memory.  

I think that it would help whomever would be assisting you if they had a copy of your inventory data so that they could more directly look at it. If you pay ISTech for support then I'd assume they'd want that data.

Quote from TFay on 05/01/07 at 09:34:41:
This forum never ceases to amaze me. I get three responses to my original post talking about my inability to attach a picture of my IN-A Location screen and absolutely no response regarding the DBA problem I posted about. The reason that this is an age old problem is becuase there seems to be no avenue for me to pursue a fix. Does ISTECH not offer fee based support? Anyone willing to help me fix this for $800/hr ?????

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

Email WWW   IP Logged
shadowcaster

I'm not here because
I know what to do.

Reply #7 - 05/08/07 at 11:12:46

Maybe use the combine locations function ?

J Dub

WWW   IP Logged
CCKEITH

Thanks, Lynn and
Allen and Lori!

Reply #8 - 07/05/07 at 17:00:37

I just came across this topic today.  Multiple blank locations has been a big problem for us as well.  I have worked with Lynn previously to clean up the blank locations through the back door.  But after I run SM-J-C at least a few are recreated and then others show up from time to time during normal processes.

The blank locations don't have any quantities usually showing in them, but the fact that blank locations are there are worrisome to me that it will affect important inventory level dependent activities.

Charlene Keith
Hillco Technologies, Inc.
Evo-ERP 2015.1
(30 users)
WWW   IP Logged
Lenette

That's why they call
it work!!

Reply #9 - 07/06/07 at 11:38:16

I have this problem too!

SM-J-C wants to create "blank" location at random.

Version: Current (always current on patches)
Build - 05/21/19 T7-7iR11
Pervasive 12.00 - EVO seats 15 DC seats 5
DBA since 2002

Lenette Egan
McDantim Inc
Helena, Montana
Email WWW   IP Logged
fast

Reply #10 - 08/14/07 at 12:39:43

Yep, same for us...blank/ghost location.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print