Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CR vs Access training (Read 911 times)
Dawn

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

CR vs Access training
12/03/07 at 13:47:30

I'm having a hard time learning CR on my own and have been unable to find affordable training solutions to help me.  I have learned our local tech college offers Access for beginners.  Does anyone know about Access and will it help me with learning the basics for CR?  I get the whole formating thing in CR I am just having a hard getting at the information (queries) and arranging it in CR to make any kind of sense.  I tend to get lost in the language when using the help because I don't really understand it.  

Dawn
Classic - 7/5/10 update
WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: CR vs Access training
Reply #1 - 12/05/07 at 09:00:31

I've never used Access. But, I believe it could be helpful, as the data structure you are working with is still the same. It's just that the selection and formatting are going to be a whole lot different.

I'd say if it's inexpensive, go for it. Otherwise (or, in addition) get to an ISTS training session that has CR.

And play around a lot, you can't hurt anything in CR!

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: CR vs Access training
Reply #2 - 12/05/07 at 10:52:08

Using Excel and pivot tables does just about everything we need for data analysis. For the average user I have created numerous browser based reports and searches. Nothing easier to teach the unwashed masses than just clicking around in IE.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print