Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/16/24 at 03:03:30
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Invoice Date set to Est Ship Date (Read 441 times)
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Invoice Date set to Est Ship Date
12/18/07 at 12:36:21

Quote from David Waldmann on 12/18/07 at 10:02:50:
I don't know if it's coincidental or not yet, but we have discovered an invoice that was generated with a future date. Estimated Ship Date was 12/20/07, and that is the date on the invoice. We do not enter dates in SO-E, and print Invoice Date same as Ship Date, and do not "Override with this ship date" in SO-F. This has always worked fine in the past, and the help file still says that it should use "Today" as the date.

Anyone else notice any problems like this?

OK, I've done some testing. As far as I can tell, if there is no ship date entered in SO-E, and Packing Lists are not printed WITH a ship date, SO-F uses Estimated Ship Date (or maybe Customer Due Date - we make them the same) as the date. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be, but it seems like a bug to me. It's certainly not the way it used to work.

As a secondary problem, I tried "fix"ing it by changing the default in SO-F to make "override with this ship date" to "Y", but the change is not being saved. I made it global, entered the password and it says it's saved, but it's not.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: Invoice Date set to Est Ship Date
Reply #1 - 12/18/07 at 12:47:44

As to the Default Setting, apparently I had a Local setting that never got erased, so it was overriding the Global setting. However, now that it's working, it doesn't put a date in it unless you Enter past it...

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print