News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Notes Flag (Read 2081 times)
deburr

Notes Flag
12/26/07 at 07:42:41

The addition of "notes" in different parts of the system is a great help in many ways, but most users do not think to look there for special instructions, cautions, etc...  It's also a little slow to wait for the notes screen to appear, just to find there is nothing there. It would be a great help if there was a flag of some sort in the inquiry or entry screens to alert users that there may be more important information in the back ground "notes" files without having to open the notes for every inquiry or transaction. In my opinion, that would add alot of value to the new "Notes" programs.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
deburr

Re: Notes Flag
Reply #1 - 01/29/08 at 08:43:39

OK, we probably don't need a flag or field added, but what about a pop-up message saying there are notes attached in the inquiry screen? Is this difficult to do or am I asking for a lot here? I feel like the notes feature is useless if others users don't think to look at them.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Reply #2 - 01/29/08 at 09:03:33

On that note, why not pop the note itself up? Say, if you enter a sales order for customer XYZ100 it will pop up a note saying "This customer must always be billed COD" or whatever else the note has to say. That way it's impossible to miss.

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #3 - 01/29/08 at 10:26:10

Pop up customer notes are a real help to our sales and order entry people. I added this feature when I programmed our browser based order entry system and they appreciate it.  

Unfortunately, we have to use the old notes system for this, since the new style of notes are not accessible via ODBC.  embarrassed

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #4 - 02/27/08 at 10:32:15

Allen,

I know you've been working on the notes feature. Any chance of incorporating something like this is your next update?

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #5 - 01/30/09 at 07:41:54

Thanks thanks thanks for the alert flag in the 12/21 update! It's a home run! If it could be extended to pop up in sales order entry screen to alert that person of issues with an item, that would be smacking the ball out of the park!

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #6 - 01/30/09 at 09:54:17

It will once T7SOA is fully released..  I believe there is a beta T7SOA that went out with the 12/21 update if you would like to try it out...

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #7 - 05/08/09 at 08:04:10

Has anybody done any testing on T7SOA yet?  I don't use the program in my work, but I hate to put it into use for my people if it is very buggy. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print