Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 06:22:07
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bartender software (not for drinking!) (Read 1198 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Bartender software (not for drinking!)
12/28/07 at 15:01:47

Walter here is looking at purchasing Bartender to use with EvoERP.  I'm still trying to get time to see if what he wants to do can now actually be done in Evo w/o spending so much $$$ (we have to get some stuff like the label printers we need, but I'm not yet convinced we need to purchase this software).  Anyway, they want to to cycle counts using handhelds and upload that info back into the system (I think Evo can do that now??) and print out a bar coded serial number label for the work orders, and the sales order when they ship, so that accounting can scan in the serial number when they do the billing instead of typing it in all the time.  He looked at Bartender because he doesn't' think Evo can handle that, and Bartender supposedly can interface with other programs and provide a popup for printing labels, like a bar coded serial number label for a work order.....Here's what I have found about Bartender, any input?

"All of BarTender’s most powerful label design features plus automated control from within other software. Includes – Numerous software integration tools, such as ActiveX Automation, enterprise messaging and Seagull’s own Commander utility for cross-platform integration. Powerful data sourcing, including ODBC, OLE-DB, and the industry’s only SAP-certifi ed direct IDoc interface. Support for Oracle XML label requests."

I know the latest Evoupdates contain new stuff for the HH module, and I will be installing those updates after accounting closes the year (early Jan.)  Lynn, you said you would send me some documentation as it was in process?  Is it available yet?  I think what Walter wants to do is in Evo, I just need to be able to show him (if that's the case) and have some documentation to back it up, otherwise we have to get this Bartender program and convince it to work with Evo.

TIA,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Bartender software (not for drinking!)
Reply #1 - 12/28/07 at 15:14:51

Yes, the cycle count capability and printing serial number labels is already available within the Evo HH module.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Bartender software (not for drinking!)
Reply #2 - 12/31/07 at 11:48:52

Good, now what type of handheld is anyone using, or what was the program tested with?  I need a good idea of what to look for.

Again, any documentation on this at all?  Any notes from testing?  I really do need some help here.

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print