Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/04/24 at 18:56:30
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SM-C Class overides defaults (Read 1247 times)
lynnkissinger

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

SM-C Class overides defaults
02/27/08 at 19:49:44

We have set up several different classes for inventory items that we overide the defaults to get the transactions to post to the expense accounts, such as office supplies that we want to generate a purchase order with an item number, but want it to be expensed to supplies rather than be part of inventory.  I went in to make a change to an item today, and noticed that all of my the items that should have an overide to defaults are gone.  Would one of your recent updates have cleared them out?  Anyway to get them back without re-entering each one?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: SM-C Class overides defaults
Reply #1 - 03/06/08 at 20:43:41

There is (and has never been) a way to override the default GL posting based on item class unless you enable the SD-Q default to enter the GL Account and/or department when PO's are entered.  What are you referring to?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #2 - 05/22/15 at 08:56:44

The main reason we don't use AP-C is because when we first started using DBA in 1997 is that we used PO forms  that we bought from the office store.   As a result we still  pay bills through AP-B and not AP-C/.    We started using DBA POs in the 2001 but we never implemented  AP-C .

After reading Lynn's  post below I am concerned about how the expense will transfer to the GL,  Its  direct and easy if you use AP-B, the gl account on the voucher goes straight to the income statement.,
but using item classes has me confused when using AP-C.   I kinda understand what Lynn Kissenger was asking about over riding class codes.       If I buy Oil-dry i I want it to go directly to the plant supply GL on the income statement and not just inventory on the income statement.    I am combing the archives to help understand this.  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #3 - 05/22/15 at 09:03:33

Quote from Dennis Wilkinson on 05/19/09 at 04:19:40:
First, remember that it is a part numbers "item class" that determines the default account/dept combination  to what account the purchased item will be charged.  Therefore, you can not just  "delete" a GL Dept on a purchase order as the account and dept fields require a "valid" GL Acct & Dept combination.

If you are using Evo, you can edit the department field and change the default account/department to a valid account/department combination as set up in the Chart of Accounts (COA).  You can not change to a new account/department code that has not already been previoulsy set up in the COA.  Any changes made to the account/dept during this maintence will affect new receipts only and not change previous receipts.

If you are not using Evo, the process becomes more complex as you will have to change the item class on the part number you wish to receive to the account/dept you want this charged to, reduce any open item remaining quantities on the purchase order, and then add the part number back to the PO with the remaing qty to be received and the updated item class account/department with be in effect for this part number added.

Don't know if this answers your question or raises more, but I hope it helps.

Dennis

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print