Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/14/24 at 22:54:45
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
disappearing or hidden screens (Read 1686 times)
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

disappearing or hidden screens
03/25/08 at 16:33:31

I have written about this before and have additional weird things happening:

1) One one workstation (W2000) the user tries to print an AR Aging customer totals only in text mode and the report runs as if it were going to print ( that is the Print Line:-- ticks off lines to be printed) and then the report vanishes.  

2) This is a new one-- on some workstations, (XP) IN the new IN-A t7 version when the user does a lookup the lookup screen comes up behind the main screen and you can't see it.  This seems to happen after going into this program and successfully opening the lookup screen a few times.  All of a sudden it switches to this mode and the lookup is pretty useless.  I am wondering if this might be related to screen settings.

Any help on these two puzzling events would really be appreciated. They are  pretty frustrating.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: disappearing or hidden screens
Reply #1 - 03/26/08 at 05:32:04

Well, I don't know what may be causing it, but can you have those users try running the screen in Toolbar mode and see if that at least provides a workaround to the problem?  I've not been able to test this myself, but at least it *seems* like it might work.  Worth a try?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 03/26/08 at 05:34:03

I was referring to item #2 on your post for the toolbar mode.   Smiley  (I've seen the first one before, but I actually think it was in how they answered the questions on the screen that may have caused the issue, you know, leaving a range blank or something like that).

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #3 - 03/26/08 at 05:47:54

Issue #2 happens to one of my users sometimes and I have not figured out why. If she ends the task (tp7runtime) and restarts Evo then it usually goes away... until the next time. It only seems to happen in AR-A. I don't know how Z positioning is done in TAS7, but I suspect something is causing the lookup screen to get the wrong priority. Seems to happen with the Notes screen, too. I have no problem with the lookup because I have my preferences set to show the lookup screen on open. I guess that's one way to work around the problem until it is fixed.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #4 - 03/26/08 at 08:28:28

Thanks, guys, for the responses.  If only I knew what to do with them.......  Tongue

Val, could you explain "Toolbar mode"?

Colin, I know I have seen that setting to show lookup screen first but can't remember where.  

As for Prob #1, I know she is not changing a thing about the settings that she is choosing except that usually she has printed a detail before and so she is going from a detail aging to a summary.  Sometimes it works, but when it stops working she has to restart her computer to get it to work again.  And even when the summary won't work, the detail does.
I can go to my computer and print the summary aging text report just fine while she is not able to.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #5 - 04/08/08 at 07:36:11

WE are still having these problems with the IN-A screen and the other day I had the problem with AR-A.  The lookup screen comes up behind the main screen and I can't see it.  I can't do anything with the main screen until I close the lookup screen.  This happens to multiple users, and of course the one that complains the most uses the IN-A screen constantly all day long so it is a real pain.

Today, when first logging on and opening the IN-A screen she got the following error:
Error reading form.
Error reading sbFileInfoLeft:
The window does not have scroll bars.  Ignore the error & continue?  NOTE: Ignoring the error may cause components to be deleted.
Ignore  Cancel  Ignore ALL

She closed the error with the upper right X and closed Evo.  When she went back in to IN-A, in the main screen the lookup comes up behind the main screen.

I fixed hers so that the lookup screen comes up first as Colin suggested and that works for the first lookup but after that the lookup is back behind the main screen.  

This remains a real problem-- does the error above shed any light?  

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #6 - 04/08/08 at 08:58:13

Cathy,

Another user had complained of this happening around Christmas time.. (XP PC's) and all they did to fix it was to update their windows XP with the latest Microsoft updates..   Hope this helps.

Wink

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Reply #7 - 04/08/08 at 10:37:02

Well, if you subscribe to the TAS mailing list you can see that this is a problem with TAS itself. Thus, it would appear that there isn't a lot that ISTech or anyone short of the TAS developers can do to fix this intermittent problem.

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #8 - 04/08/08 at 11:04:12

Wrong TAS7. CAS and Addsum are different.  Addsum Inc TAS7 product is more stable, that is why we went with them. CAS offers more bells and whistles but they have stability issues, and memory leaks...

That said, we have seen the screens falling behind other windows, but it seems to be a Windows issue, you need to update to the latest Windows service pack, or latest Windows update.

« Last Edit: 04/08/08 at 13:10:18 by NovaZyg »  

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Reply #9 - 04/08/08 at 14:21:28

I've just never seen a single other program do this... I wonder if there is a windows update that specifically fixes this behavior? It's entirely possible that it's a problem with how Delphi outputs windows messages but who knows... I suppose that Delphi would be the only link between the two versions of TAS so it might be a possibility.

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #10 - 04/11/08 at 08:06:32

I have checked and the computers in question have all the latest updates.  I have all workstations set to download updates and the user can pick a convenient time to install them, usually at the end of the day with XP machines, which will install and them shut down.  The few W2000 machines that I have are also updated.  So that can't be the issue with these machines.  It continues and seems very random.

The problem I am having with the W2000 machine is the AR Aging summary won't  print in text mode.  The program runs and then goes away without producing a report.  I can run the report with the same settings on my XP so I know its not a corrupted program or anything like that.  I am really scratching my head on this so any help would be appreciated.
She can print the graphical form-- as an alternative to the text format, I am trying to modify the RTM for this report so that all customers in the summary are on one page.  I can't figure out how to adjust the spacing on the lines-- there is a big gap between lines with data.  Any help on this would also be appreciated!

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print