Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MODIFY FORMS (Read 1255 times)
sabney
Browser

I Love YaBB 2!

MODIFY FORMS
08/27/08 at 08:07:02

WITH THE LATEST UPDATE I HAVE LOST THE ABILITY TO MODIFY FORMS.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Email   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: MODIFY FORMS
Reply #1 - 08/27/08 at 08:43:01

Let's see, a few suggestions: 1) please don't use all caps if you can avoid it, 2) please post your questions in the appropriate section of the forum (for problems that happen every time you try, use Problem Reports - Repeatable), and 3) please always include pertinent information about your setup, such as versions of OS, PSQL and DBA/Evo (see my sig for an example).

I know my comments above sound like sniping, but it really does make a difference in our ability to give you appropriate answers to your questions, so please don't be offended. This is a great place for lots of quick, free help, but we can't afford the time to play twenty questions.

BTW, what do you mean by "I have lost the ability to modify forms"? Does the program die when you try to start it, or does it fail to load your forms, or is the program missing altogether?

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
sabney
Browser

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 08/27/08 at 08:47:56

Sorry, we have DBA Classic, with the 8-4-08 update.  The "Modify Forms" is in light gray now and i cannot click on it.  
I'm not sure where to post this question.  
stacy

Email   IP Logged
Tim Keating

DBA CLASSIC WIN 2000
C/S

Reply #3 - 08/27/08 at 09:04:34

One thing I noticed is that the Modify Forms menu choice is only available when no other DBA windows are open.

May be worth a look.

Tim Keating
Motor Guard Corporation
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 08/27/08 at 09:17:33

In DBA Classic, the Modify Forms and Maintain Database are controlled by the same setting in PS-A so it would appear it has been disabled for your login.  That is not something the update would have done.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
sabney
Browser

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 08/27/08 at 09:35:53

thanks
I changed the "Can use Maintain Database & Check File Integrity" setting to Y and I have the Modify Forms back.

thanks for your help.

Sorry about the all caps, I do most of my work in caps and forget to turn it off

stacy

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print