Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/15/24 at 22:40:40
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Streamlining data entry (Read 1062 times)
deburr

Streamlining data entry
11/14/08 at 11:05:58

I'm filling in for the person that enters orders today, and after entering a dozen or so orders, it occurs to me that a lot of time and effort could be saved by looking at automating some of these entry screens.  

For example, it would make sense to me to have the save function in SO-A take you directly in SO-N without exiting, mousing the menus and then entering the sales order number again and you get the idea. Even if it was an optional path like a second save button called "save and convert".  

Same can be said for the path to WO's and Travelers. Imagine if there was a Save and Edit WO button at the end of SO-N that took directly to the WO not just the WO, but the specific WO. And then a save button in that screen that would print the Shop Traveler. I bet I could go home 20% earlier than I now do, or do some other really productive work if the system flowed like this.

What do you all think? Hopefully there are other like minded folk out there to campaign for this.

Steve

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Re: Streamlining data entry
Reply #1 - 11/14/08 at 11:22:00

The optional paths sound very interesting - if the coding isn't a problem.  Some user may want it, some may not, but if the option is there, that would be NICE! Grin

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
PROBES

quality, value,
service

Reply #2 - 04/10/09 at 09:36:20

Yea - I've noticed a bunch of repetitive tasks in my daily functions. To solve this problem, I downloaded a program called AutoHotKey to write scripts and automate some of these functions. For instance, I quite often have to update a bill of materials and work order routing for a job in the middle of a production run, and that job may already have 15+ work orders scheduled out [status:firmed] for future shipments. Normally, I would have to either go into the work order routings and work order bill of materials to update each order, or [as i recently discovered], just update the master item routing and bill of materials, then just change all the desired work orders to 'S' [scheduled], then back to 'F' [firmed], to purge all the temporary instructions and materials allocated.  
This was a quicker method, but still required a bunch of repetitive entries via WO-A.  SO -  I wrote a little script that just asks three things.  1) How many work orders do I want to update, 2)What is the static work order prefix, 3) what are the work order suffixes I want to change. After that, it just runs a loop to update everything in WO-A while I go and get more coffee.
I've also wrote other scripts for releasing shop travelers - I tell the program the work order #'s I want to release, and it goes through and issues all the materials [WO-G], prints a list of any missing materials, releases the work orders [WO-B], then  prints the shop travelers and any linked documents. This is another time saving trick i've learned, but would be nice if Evo could recognize the standard flow many of us follow and offer screens to automate these tasks.

It's like when I sign my kids up for the YMCA and have to fill out 8 forms, each one asking me again for the same information even though the difference in the forms is minor. Do they really need to know where I live on 4 of the forms? Am I going to move in the process of filling out the forms and they want to be absolutely sure they know where I am? lol
-Mike

Probes Unlimited, Inc.
Manufacturer of Temperature Probes + Equipment
836 W. 8th Street
Lansdale, PA 19446
www.probesunlimited.com
WWW   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #3 - 04/10/09 at 14:47:41

we have already started doing this in SO.  We now have an auto chain option. and by user you can set up sequential tasks, like enter SO then it will auto run Print ack, for that SO, then Release for that SO, then Print PackSlip for that SO , then Invoice for that SO. and finally post for that SO.   or any combination of the above..

We are going to roll it out for other modules too like WO and PO in our upcoming Releases.

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #4 - 04/13/09 at 09:28:35

Allen

Glad to hear you are working on it. The the one automation I originally posted to start this thread, seems to be missing from the batch you just mentioned, though. SO-N "Convert SO to WO". I do think "release SO - print packing list - print invoice, will be a great help.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print