Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/08/24 at 13:50:38
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Database changes and Crystal reports heads up (Read 2811 times)
deburr

Database changes and Crystal reports heads up
12/30/08 at 14:20:33

I installed the newest update and was not thinking of how it would affect my reports. We have been doing all payroll reporting through crystal reports since DBA gave up support of the payroll program years ago. The new update encryption of certain data and changes to the database is causing a big problem for my 401k, tax deposit, and other reports. I don't know how to handle this yet and I will contact Lynn.

You may want to hold off on the update if you use older version of crystal reports, to do your reporting, like I do.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
deburr

Re: Database changes and Crystal reports heads up
Reply #1 - 12/31/08 at 11:40:47

More heads up info. The new update also keeps the PR-L-F from working. I needed to get that report for the FUTA tax deposit today but I'll get the number some other way.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 12/31/08 at 12:21:52

PR-L-F works in Classic and I have a fix for Evo that will be posted today.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #3 - 01/02/09 at 13:35:48

Thanks Lynn for the quick reply. I got my taxes done but now I still have the issue with encrypted SS numbers and I am looking for suggestions.

I need to export data weekly for 401k deposits into a CSV file and upload that to my TPA via a web based data validation and upload program. Having to hand enter SS numbers into the sheet is not an option that I want to deal with long term. I prefer to have the data come from my EVO tables rather than use some other table and merge information.  

Any chance that the encryption could be made optional for those that think its a good idea and leave the field as previous for those of us that choose to use other means to keep our data secure? Or can there be a means for exporting the data through a user defined report that can be printed to a disk file? If I have to resort to hand keying info each week, it will be error prone and that is not a good thing when dealing with other peoples money. Mistakes could go unnoticed for quite a while.

Steve  

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #4 - 01/02/09 at 13:44:56

I can't get birthdays to print any more. Are these encrypted also?

What is the relationship between BKPRMSTR and ISPRMSTR? I see both exist in the system. Are they both updated when making changes or is the BK version obsolete? I'm wondering if I will need to change my crystal reports or not. I hate to go back to the august version because the additional contact info in the new update is of real value to me.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 01/03/09 at 10:09:11

The BKPRMSTR file is now designated as the Employee file for Job Cost Labor reporting.  It does not contain sensitive information such as Social Security Number, Birth Date and, optionally depending whether you use employee or work center rates for labor reportting, pay rates.  ISPRMSTR is the equivalent payroll file.  They have the same data layout; it is just a matter of what data is stored in which file.

You could use maintain database to populate the fields in BKPRMSTR for Social Security number and Birth Date (which are both encrypted in ISPRMSTR to help prevent identity theft) to use for your Crystal Reports but that defeats the purpose of the encryption so you need to have other means to keep the information secure.

There is a setting on the lower right corner in PR-A that controls whether the payroll and job cost files are synchronized.  Y means the changes to name and address and onther non-sensitive information will be synchronized and $ means that pay rates will also be sunchronized, which would be needed if employee rates were being used for Job Cost labor reporting.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #6 - 01/15/09 at 11:21:09

Lynn

Could I restore my pre-update BKPRMSTR to get my SS numbers and birth dates back with out having to manually edit them in maintain database? I don't know if there where changes made to that table that might fowl things up by restoring the old file.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #7 - 01/15/09 at 18:27:57

yes, you can

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #8 - 10/30/09 at 13:33:55

I am looking for ssn's to put in an access report.  Am I understanding correctly that there is no way to pull ssn's into a report unless I populate the Labor employee file BKPRMSTR) with them?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #9 - 10/31/09 at 09:18:31

In Access, yes.  You can use T7PRI.RWN report and modify the T6PRI1.RTM to include the information you need and save the results to Excel.  This report will print the SSN.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print