Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/29/24 at 06:18:50
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
slow SO lookup in IN-A (Read 7323 times)
MC-Eng
Browser

slow SO lookup in IN-A
01/27/09 at 14:25:48

Running in EVO: IN-A, enter part number, push SO button, 36 seconds to bring up the open sales orders
Running in DBA: IN-A, enter part number, push SO button, instantly shows open sales orders

Server SBS2008, Xeon, 8GRam
Clients XP Pro, each min 2GRam
latest EVO and DBA

Any ideas?  Can be reproduced at our 3 EVO seats.

MC-Eng
SBS2008, P10
DBA/EVO latest version
  IP Logged
deburr

Re: slow SO lookup in IN-A
Reply #1 - 01/28/09 at 10:50:58

Mine works OK. Latest updates, but PTP network. I remember having a similar issue a couple of updates back and Allen fixed it. I just looked up the old post and it had to do with notes lookups and not sales order lookups.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 01/29/09 at 14:28:53

We are seeing the same thing in IN-A for sales orders--45 seconds.  I reported it to Lynn, but I was thinking it was because I rebuilt the file. Maybe not?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 02/13/09 at 09:52:06

Well, I just converted everyone back to the Classic views since the GUIs were aggravating everyone, and their complaining was getting to me.  When they use the Classic view the look-ups come right up, no excessive waiting.  So much for the GUI.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 02/13/09 at 10:00:28

We've had random users get stuck in long wait cycles before and it mostly traced back to anti-virus settings. Their anti-virus programs were scanning every program (.RUN / .RWN) before it ran. Telling the AV program to trust everything on the drive where Evo lives brought the times right down.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
dashdown

Be alert.  The
world needs more
lerts.

Reply #5 - 02/17/09 at 10:14:33

We've had the same problem from day 1 with T7ina.  I've changed the setting on our anti-virus software and it didn't help.

Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #6 - 02/17/09 at 12:12:26

Ours have always been set to entirely skip the \ists folder on the local hard drive as well as the entire DBAMFG folder on the server. Those two places, any folders and subfolders and sub subfolders, are never touched via on access scanning, only scanned at night during the off-hours AV scan.  This is not the issue for us, either. A good suggestion, though.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #7 - 02/17/09 at 13:15:40

Val, and any others having slow lookups.. try taking a look at the ISDRILL file.   this file should be blank or have just some current user drill down records in it.  should never be more then 20 or so records. If it is then try initializing the file.  We have had other users who get this file jammed up and it causes big slow downs... for me and most users the SO lookup in T7INA is less then 1 second.  Anti Virus is also a possible slow down too, but does not seem to be so in your case.

Wink

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
dashdown

Be alert.  The
world needs more
lerts.

Reply #8 - 02/18/09 at 07:22:07

Nope.  ISDRILL is not our problem.  When I try to do a SO lookup from T7ina not only does it take forever but I usually get the infamous "Not Responding" message in the upper left corner.

Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #9 - 02/20/09 at 10:16:21

Yep, I checked those ISDRILL files per Lynn, they are all empty.  I even ran an audit file for Lynn, which according to the file said it was only a couple of seconds (1 or 2) to do the lookup, but when you are sitting at our computers, it's muuuccchhhhh longer for a sales order lookup. All the other lookups do in fact take only a second or two seconds to show.  So it's got to be something else.

The only thing I can think of is that we did modify the lookup grid to sort by estimated ship date prior to the update. That was working great until after we did the update, now it's incredibly slow.  Maybe something to do with that grid, SOLINES? No other grids have been modified, before or after the update.  Can I replace that with a non-modified one, then see if that makes the difference? If that takes it back to normal, then I can try making the est. ship date mod and see if that sticks.  Just an idea?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #10 - 02/20/09 at 10:26:37

Wait,   How are you changing the sort order? are you just moving the field to the first position.. that is not changing the actual sort order.   can you send me a screen shot of your SOLINE grid in SU-A...

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #11 - 02/25/09 at 11:23:32

Allen,

as per the thread http://www.istechforum.com/YaBB.pl?num=1229976877/3#3, I added the field to the grid.  I'll send you a printscreen....  It was working pretty well prior to the update and then the rebuilding of the tables....

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
deburr

Reply #12 - 02/23/10 at 10:29:24

Just installed the latest update and now my lookups are very slow. Running windows 7 on workstation. Was instant before update, now 6 seconds which seems like a looong time. Any one else have this same issue?

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #13 - 02/23/10 at 12:43:46

Always have had it......reindexing sometimes improves it slightly......but NO ONE has ever been able to answer the simple question clearly - why is the SO lookup on a Classic screen INSTANTANEOUS and on the T7 screen take 6-30 seconds, depending on what the state of the database files are.  I don't know if I buy the virus checker answer - doesn't the virus checker check the same files (RWN or RUN) whether you are running classic or T7 screen?  Maybe something to do with the way the grid lookups work in some installations???

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #14 - 02/24/10 at 05:41:08

Well I don't know what was causing the delay, and I tried turning off the firewall and antivirus on the workstation with no change in the timing. Later in the day, I had to reboot the server to get rid of a user seat being used by someone that was not actually on the system (t7poa crash) and that brought the wait time back down to 2 seconds, about what it was before the update.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print