Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Help on editing RTM's (Read 7953 times)
lizod1

Help on editing RTM's
02/03/09 at 12:26:45

Hi
Where can I get help on editing and changing RTM's?  I want to customize the labels created from PO-C by creating a new label with fields of data specific to our needs.  When I call on the About Help I get a message that I do not have the ISTS\TP7DOCS.HLP file. I'm not sure why.  Can someone tell me how I get the data fields into the report?  I'm familiar with Crystal Reports. I just did the 12/15/08 update with the 1/16/09 patches.
Liz

Liz Odell
B&G Electronic Assembly, Inc.
EVO/ERP v2016.2, updt 08/17/16 10 User

Email   IP Logged
tgoodson

Re: Help on editing RTM's
Reply #1 - 02/10/09 at 10:26:19

I am looking for help also. I need to edit the T6BMB1.RTM form. Specifically I would like to change the QTY REQD field to eliminate the decimal places in the components fields. We do not use decimals in our qtys. Anyone have any ideas? I just do not want to mess up any other forms that may use the same data field.

Thanks

Tommy Goodson
Zyntech Systems, Ltd.
Manufacturer of Fuel Control Equipment
http://www.zyntechsystems.com
Evo-ERP 2007.1 05/25/09 update
installed 06/01/09
Email WWW   IP Logged
EMI Ann

Non calor sed umor
est qui nobis
incommodat.

Reply #2 - 02/27/09 at 08:17:31

If none of your items are ever sold, returned, etc. in quantities that are anything other than whole numbers, your fix is not in the RTM's. Go to SM-SD-M, and set "Decimalized quantities on forms" to "N."

EMI FILTER COMPANY
Clearwater, Florida
EVO-Erp 2015.1, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 2008 network
  IP Logged
EMI Ann

Non calor sed umor
est qui nobis
incommodat.

Reply #3 - 02/27/09 at 09:02:26

Quote from tgoodson on 02/10/09 at 10:26:19:
I am looking for help also. I need to edit the T6BMB1.RTM form. Specifically I would like to change the QTY REQD field to eliminate the decimal places in the components fields. We do not use decimals in our qtys. Anyone have any ideas? I just do not want to mess up any other forms that may use the same data field.

Thanks

I think I misunderstood your initial question. When you are printing BOM's in I-BM-B, you can tell it to print "0" decimal places. Is that what you are looking for?

EMI FILTER COMPANY
Clearwater, Florida
EVO-Erp 2015.1, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 2008 network
  IP Logged
tgoodson

Reply #4 - 03/03/09 at 06:57:43

That was it! Thank you! I looked but couldn't seemt o find it. I appreciate your help.

Tommy Goodson
Zyntech Systems, Ltd.
Manufacturer of Fuel Control Equipment
http://www.zyntechsystems.com
Evo-ERP 2007.1 05/25/09 update
installed 06/01/09
Email WWW   IP Logged
rdparent
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #5 - 05/04/09 at 04:40:44

I'm also having trouble with report editor. I've added a note to the middle of form T6SOB4.rtm saying who to remit payment to. For some reason it looks fine in the preview, but when we print the actual form it puts it on there twice. Any ideas?

Email WWW   IP Logged
GRMFG
Browser

Specialization is
for insects

Reply #6 - 06/08/09 at 09:07:17

Interesting issue that I would like to chat about.

I've created about 25 custom reports (mostly in work center schedules) for Microsoft Access, normally all the information that we like to have on a work center schedule is not included in the standard reports in SH-I.  

I would like to add the part weight to the shop traveler T6WOC1.RTM.  but the MTICMSTR table is not part of the query that generates the report. anybody have any input as to how I can overcome this?  I can create yet another Access report but it would be great not to have to.

Email   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #7 - 06/08/09 at 09:24:31

Mticmstr is open and sitting on the part # in the header section, and On BOM components when in the BOM section.

Wink

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #8 - 06/08/09 at 09:50:50

I also have quite a few Access reports for various modules, but not too many for workorders.  However my RTM Traveler that we use is very modified!  If I can modify an RTM to have the information that I want I much prefer it, as it is easier on the users.

I did successfully add the weight to the traveler.  
To do this, in the traveler you are trying to modify, add a "DB TEXT" field for the data and a "LABEL" field for the data label.  Over on the left hand side, in the properties section,  double click on the datafield under Data.  Using the Data Files arrow, scroll to MTICMSTR, and choose MTIC.PROD.WT.

Figuring out what fields are available in a RTM is a great challenge, one I have already complained about.  
Usually I just plow ahead and add a field to the RTM that I want and see if it works.  
Sometimes you can look at the fields already there and see some that are in the data file you are looking for.  In this case I see some fields in the traveler header that begin with MTIC (Drawing, Rev) so I assume that the MTICMSTR table is available.

Hope this helps you.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
GRMFG
Browser

Specialization is
for insects

Reply #9 - 06/08/09 at 11:16:37

Thanks! that just the information I was looking for. my travelers now have a part weight.

hopefully I can return the favor one day!

Email   IP Logged
GRMFG
Browser

Specialization is
for insects

Reply #10 - 06/08/09 at 12:46:10

ok, I'm struggling again,  the RTM editor for DBA reports is a little different then for Evo. and I'll need both for a while, still weening folks off of DBA.  

if I edit the BKWOC1.rtm file with the Evo report editor. the format of the report is totally shot, even if I only rename the file it becomes unusable in DBA.

any help as to accessing the tables with the old editor?  I can get a DBtext box up just cant get to the MTICMSTR table.

or can I use the Evo editor and fix the formatting for a DBA report?

Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #11 - 06/08/09 at 14:34:24

If you are using DBA classic, you cannot add fields to the RTM.  Since you are editing T6 versions in Evo, not BK versions, and using BK versions in Classic, the added field does not show in Classic.  Best to move everyone to Evo.  

VERY Important -- Make sure that you always save the report while on the main page tab.  If you go to a subreport tab, and save while on that tab, the whole report is hosed.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #12 - 06/08/09 at 18:58:45

Cathy is correct and to add to her post, while you can open the DBA Classic RTMs with the Evo editor, DON'T save them.  They are not THAT compatible.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Mark Daley
Browser

Always learning (DBA
Classic/EVO ERP)

Reply #13 - 09/18/20 at 12:10:28

Nothing I love more than necro-ing an 11 year old thread...

I am learning most of my RTM editing through trial and error.  We are on EVO 2020.1, just in case that's relevant.  I read here that the data field drop-down menu will show you what tables and fields are available.  Mine doesn't do that.  My drop-down is empty.  I've just been searching existing reports to find relevant field names and hoping they're part of the query.  This has been mostly successful, but now I'm trying to add something that I'm pretty sure wasn't intended to be used in reports.

We have been using the Notes (and Alerts) functionality more and more to trigger actions on orders, but we'd also like to include any notes from a certain category on our pick lists.  I've created a view that collects this data, but I don't have the first idea how to incorporate this information into the report.  I'm concerned I may not have the requisite tools available to complete this task.  Can anyone provide any information on either of these scenarios?  It would definitely be helpful to be able to see the tables related to a report when I open it in the editor.  Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't ask questions I don't want the answers to.
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #14 - 09/19/20 at 10:21:39

Notes can only be printed if there is a Notes subreport on the RTM (which we have to add, not something you can do with the RTM Editor) and if the "Use Evo Notes System?" default is turned on at SD-A.  If an RTM has Note subreport(s) and Evo Notes are turned on the RTM name will begin with EN rather than T6.  The Pick List does not have a Notes subreport at this time.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print