Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slow shipping report (Read 3913 times)
Specprod
Browser

Slow shipping report
03/02/09 at 14:55:50

Does anyone have or knows how to create a slow shipping/slow moving list, report in Crystal Reports for DBA Classic or Evo? undecided

Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Slow shipping report
Reply #1 - 03/02/09 at 15:11:50

Are you talking about vendors missing expected dates to your receiving location... or something else?

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Specprod
Browser

Reply #2 - 03/04/09 at 14:45:33

Quote from GasGiant on 03/02/09 at 15:11:50:
Are you talking about vendors missing expected dates to your receiving location... or something else?

We would like a report that would show how long it has been since an item was shipped.

Say we want to know about items that haven’t shipped in 6 months. If the report showed items that have not shipped in 6 months or more then we would know to check the status of these items with our customer. ( Perhaps they are low volume or they were killed & we weren’t informed). We would then be able to check through the inventory for each item & be able to dispose of it as necessary.

Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #3 - 03/05/09 at 06:10:56

Specprod
Browser

Reply #4 - 03/06/09 at 10:35:37

Quote from GasGiant on 03/05/09 at 06:10:56:

Thank you... Smiley

It's far from what I am looking for... Huh

if I could pull it apart and use the data in Crystal reports... that would be the key.

I know it can be done, I'll just have to figure it out. undecided

Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #5 - 03/06/09 at 10:47:58

Maybe I could help you build the query. What is it that you are looking for, exactly?

Just finished goods? What period of time?  

Pulling a slice of the inventory transaction file (INVTXN) into Excel and making a pivot table for months might be the answer.

GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #6 - 03/06/09 at 11:03:20

A couple of years ago I did something similar for our parts inventory. I ran a usage report back 18 months, exported it as a text file and imported it with Excel. Any part that had 0 transactions for that period was pulled from inventory, its value written off, and the parts bagged and moved to a storage location.

The reason I didn't just use the report as printed from Evo is that I wanted to order it by usage instead of by part number. If that is not important to you, then you could just use the usage report as is.

The report is IN-P. If you just want finished goods, for example, you'd enter the time period, leave item codes blank, and set the item types to F.

lburns

Reply #7 - 03/06/09 at 11:30:11

Just a word of caution...I had some issues with IN-L-O back in 2008.  While trying to figure out the problem with IS Tech Support, it was noted by IS Tech Support that "This report never worked right".

I use the report but manually make changes after verifying the information contained within the report...

Laurie Burns
Excel Connection USA
dba classic 2004.1/Evo-ERP
is tech build 11/08/2007
pervasive 8.0
Email wigal2000   IP Logged
Specprod
Browser

Reply #8 - 03/06/09 at 13:13:16

Quote from GasGiant on 03/06/09 at 10:47:58:
Maybe I could help you build the query. What is it that you are looking for, exactly?

Just finished goods? What period of time?

Pulling a slice of the inventory transaction file (INVTXN) into Excel and making a pivot table for months might be the answer.

That would be great!  

Not just finished goods, but inventory for finished goods that has been sitting longer that 6 mos, 1 year, 1 1/2 year.

That way if something gets canceled or killed, the items to build it are not sitting here forever, if we can catch then soon enough, we can send them back. Shocked

and yes, either Crystal Reports or Excel

if that wouldn't be too difficult, I would greatly appreciate it. Something like this would take me months, whereas you could probably do it in your sleep. Smiley

Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #9 - 03/06/09 at 13:51:32

Running IN-P to look back six months and only look at type R (purchased) parts would give you the listing that you want. Also set it to sort by vendor to facilitate gathering returns. Answer N to Include Adjustments? so that you only get parts issued to make product. Then you answer Y to Filter Quantities and filter with = to 0.00

This report should give you only those items with no movement in the period. It will also show you your on-hand qty. I hope yours is not like mine. I have 86 pages of R parts that have not moved in the past five weeks.

kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Reply #10 - 03/06/09 at 15:19:48

Hmmm  ... When I try and run IN-P it indicates that I am not one of the 'Special' people allowed to use this report.   Shocked Grin
(It runs as a TRIAL VERSION)

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation
ISTECH 2004.1 7/26/13 SP1 - 20 user
Evo-ERP Build 7/25/13 T7 -7i R6 - 3 user
(Prev version was 2004.1 10/24/12)
(All Patches Installed as of 7/26/13)
Pervasive 2000i SP4 - Crystal Reports V10
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #11 - 03/07/09 at 22:43:29

IN-P is a $49.95 add-on.  30 day trial is available.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #12 - 03/08/09 at 17:45:59

??? Don't even remember purchasing it  Huh  

Well, it works like a charm. $50 is cheap considering the time it would take to recreate the same functionality with an external program.

Specprod
Browser

Reply #13 - 05/14/09 at 11:37:59

Quote from GasGiant on 03/08/09 at 17:45:59:
??? Don't even remember purchasing it  Huh

Well, it works like a charm. $50 is cheap considering the time it would take to recreate the same functionality with an external program.

Well, thats ok, but it leaves a lot to be desired. Like all built in reports in DBA and EVO. undecided

I would really like something In Crystal Reports that I can tweak. Smiley
Does anyone have something that is prebuilt or something already mapped to DBA Database Fields containing useable data, because there's a lot of them and the DBAFILEN.xls on here is huge and vague. Shocked Sad

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print