News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EMPHASIZING TEXT (Read 922 times)
deburr

EMPHASIZING TEXT
03/06/09 at 06:22:58

I know this was never possible in DBA dos based versions, but is the ability to make sections of text fields print bold in the T7 programs? It would be a great help to be able to vary text size or just emphasize a critical note or feature that sometimes gets lost in a "sea of text", instructions that may be included through notes or routings. Using caps for this purpose doesn't work for us because years ago we started putting all text into the various DBA fields to keep a uniform look on forms.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Re: EMPHASIZING TEXT
Reply #1 - 03/06/09 at 09:52:46

if you are using Evo and T6woc  then yes, just edit the RTM, you can change the Font, Size, Color, Bold, whatever you want.   Now of course you picked the most complex RTM we have and finding what data in what sub report in the RTM is going to be your biggest challenge.

but once you find it, just click on the field and on the left side of the screen there is the properties box.. in there you can make your changes to the font.

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #2 - 03/06/09 at 10:27:09

I understand that, but what I meant was to emphasize text in the middle of a sentence type of thing. So if I had a 7or 8 lines of notes in a routing sequence with something important about 4 lines down, could I emphasize that text with the new programs or will that someday become available.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Reply #3 - 03/06/09 at 11:39:39

This would be possible with RTF (rich text format) or HTML. But, I highly doubt that ISTech can make the report system accept either one. I guess if I had to pick, and if it were possible, I'd vote for HTML as it's easy enough to understand and write without any special support. Just put <b>around</b> bold text.

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 03/06/09 at 11:46:42

Quote from kkmfg on 03/06/09 at 11:39:39:
This would be possible with RTF (rich text format) or HTML. But, I highly doubt that ISTech can make the report system accept either one. I guess if I had to pick, and if it were possible, I'd vote for HTML as it's easy enough to understand and write without any special support. Just put <b>around</b> bold text.

Oops, <b> has been deprecated. You need to use <strong>strong</strong> for bold or <em>em</em> for emphasis/italics.  :P

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print