Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Credit Card Info by SO (Read 642 times)
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Credit Card Info by SO
03/26/09 at 06:33:45

I've commented on here recently about wanting to be able to save more than one credit card per customer, but my opinion is shifting a bit. I think the answer might be to have a table of CC info tied to Sales Order number. Some of our customers use the same CC each time, but most have multiple and still others never seem to use the same one twice. Keeping a list of CC from which to choose (a la Amazon) is a good idea, but we need to choose the card or enter the info at the time the SO is made and tie that info to the SO until the invoice is created, which could be weeks. The only answer we have found is using the SO notes field, which is okay, but it is cumbersome to retrieve when needed and is insecure in not only that it isn't obfuscated in the data tables, but also that it could wind up printed out with documents, even if the notes are hidden.

So, the idea is, independent of any stored CC info, a table of CC info tied to SO number, not printable on SO/Invoice/etc, but easily retrieved when needed... and ties into the CC processing add-on module thingie.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Credit Card Info by SO
Reply #1 - 03/27/09 at 14:17:08

Colin and anyone else saving credit card info for residents of MA, better read up on the new regulation, 201 CMR 17.00 Standards fo the Protection of Personal Information of Residents of the Commonwealth, which applies to any business anywhere that handles personal information for residents of the Commonwealth of MA.  You want to be very careful how long you keep that data, and how you store if you keep it, and who has access to it.  This is one of the strictest regulations governing the protection of personal information of any state (there are 44 states that have laws in place currently).

URL is
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocaterminal&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Consumer& L2=Privacy&L3=Identity+Theft&sid=Eoca&b=terminalcontent&f=reg201cmr17&csid=Eoca

Just a heads up.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Credit Card Info by SO
Reply #2 - 03/27/09 at 14:39:44

Laughable. They don't have the resources to enforce that in their own state, never mind the rest of the world. I doubt that their own division of motor vehicles could pass a ten minute audit.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print