Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
License monitor (Read 707 times)
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

License monitor
05/20/09 at 11:52:42

The user list available in Evo is a great tool when you need to see who is in, make an announcement, etc., but I'd like to see the listing in more true to life form. A simple, auto updating list of the licenses in use and the Pervasive user name would be the ticket. Having the IP address (like in PM) would be even more helpful. Then I could see who is logged in at two machines and know which machines to visit if I am seeing a problem. I can fish around in the Pervasive Monitor for this info, but to see how many licenses are being used by Evo log ins from there I have to lookup the file handles of USERS.B files.

The ultimate would be if the license monitor could be run OUTSIDE of Evo so that I could keep tabs on the system without using up a license myself Wink

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Re: License monitor
Reply #1 - 05/20/09 at 12:36:19

Here, Here!!  I actually have some strange issues between the two monitors (we user Pervasive 2000i).  I have one user who does not show up on the Pervasive screen, but does show up on the EVO users screen.  Huh
It also seems that there are multiple listings for some users on the Pervasive screen and some of these have nothing shown on the Handles screen.  This sometimes happens when a workstation crashes out - but sometimes the station is just fine, so that seems strange.

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Re: License monitor
Reply #2 - 05/20/09 at 13:23:48

There are a few things at work here.

1) pervasive monitor and TAS up to TAS7 rel 4 (released May 5th 2009)  had issues with reporting multi treads. I have been told this is fixed, and We here are now testing Rel 4.  So we hope that has been solved.

2) The users function in Evo has nothing to do with Pervasive. It is a file called ISLOG.B and when Evo Starts it adds an entry for that user and says "Main Menu". when the menu calls a program that program replaces the 'MAIN MENU" with the name of the file the user is running. If that program ends correctly then it erases the program entry for that user in ISLOG.B and the menu puts back the "MAIN MENU" entry.    If users error out of a program or crash or reboot etc.. the entries are left behind in ISLOG.B.. Every Night at midnight (or the next time someone logs into Evo after midnight) the ISLOG.B file is cleared.  

Also note.  Pervasive monitor only reads open pervasive files (btrieve). Some of the Evo files are in Codebase (lookups and menus, memos) if those files are open they will not show up in Pervasive Monitor.

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print