Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 15:06:19
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new gui screens have mixed reviews (Read 1077 times)
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

new gui screens have mixed reviews
08/25/09 at 16:10:33

I am having a host of users with complaints about the changes in entry screens-  (sort of like going from office 2003 to 2007-- which most love now) But there are several things I agree could be much better:

1)In the look-up screen for PO-A the list is from oldest to newest with the cursor on the oldest, unlike the t6 version where the cursor is on the newest, which is much handier.

2) The totals for a line item and for the grand total do not show until you have saved the PO AND printed the PO, there is no ability to show lines with totals like in the T6 version.  It's sort of a pain to print preview the PO, discover a mistake, close the print preview and say no, the PO did not print correctly, then wind up with a non-responsive entry screen (I can look up a PO but when I highlight the one I want and hit <enter> I get a PO with 0 in the PO number and the <enter> button takes me nowhere), exit the program and start over.

3) I was totally unsuccessful in editing a line in the Evo screen version.  I had to go to the Classic view to access any line on an existing PO.

Is it possible I have an older version of PO-A?  It is hardly usable the way it is.

I have had the most issues with the PO screen so far-- the other screens are mostly the look and the users can fix some of what they object to with the user settings.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: new gui screens have mixed reviews
Reply #1 - 08/26/09 at 08:25:18

1.  Use Queries - SU-A on the POHEADERS grid and check the box for Start at End.  We will update the grid for the next update but this is how to do it yourself.
2.  I agree about the totals and will ask Allen if it can display a running total as lines are entered.  But when I am on the opening list of POs and highlight one and Enter, it takes me to the editing screen for that PO as expected.  Latest version of the set of GUI screens is available at www.istechsupport.com/dl/main7.zip.  May 2009 update is required.  This file was last updated 8/21.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #2 - 08/26/09 at 11:29:38

I have to agree with Cathyh on T7POA-  It also does not seem to use the PO defaults, as entered in DEF-C.  You can't enter a 2-digit term unless you use F2 to list and select.  Sometimes, if you enter one PO and try to enter a second one, it will burp and you get a 0 PO.  It makes our purchaser scream.
While we're at it, when you go to print the PO, it always asks if you want to make the .RTM you are using the default, no matter how many times you've answered yes in the past.
I have also noticed that there are some T7 versions of other PO programs, although updating via the ADMIN menu does not bring them in.  I tried the one for entering receivers, but it does not create the receiver record in the database.  Are these just betas?

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
Actican Zen V14 SP2 Workgroup
Win7 64-bit and Win10 Pro
WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #3 - 08/26/09 at 16:21:58

Thanks Lynn for the sort fix-- that worked!
I just loaded the T7POA program that was in the link you posted, Lynn.  
When I open PO-A, highlight an existing PO, click <enter>,in the Evo Tabbed view:
   click on line item tab,  
   click on the edit button,  
   click on the list button,  
   highlight the line I want to edit,    
 <enter> wallah!  finally I can edit the line.

In the Classic view it is easier.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print