Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 11:17:56
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WORKSTATION INSTALL FAILING (Read 7244 times)
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

WORKSTATION INSTALL FAILING
09/18/09 at 17:10:11

I just got a new computer and am trying to install Evo.  I have installed pervasive 10 client, and when I run the workstation setup evoerp.exe I get a error message: Btrieve Memo file (WBTRVMEMO.B) could not be opened and Btrieve memos will not be available.  Then an access violation at address 0040588D in module evoerp.exe Read of address 0000004A.  I think I have seen this before but can't remember what to do.  Help!

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: WORKSTATION INSTALL FAILING
Reply #1 - 09/18/09 at 17:42:10

Try using the Pervasive Function Executor to open the WBTRVMEMO.B file in DBAMFG on the server and you will probably get a better error message that will better explain the problem.  Most likely something with firewalls and/or permissions.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #2 - 09/19/09 at 08:56:02

Opens fine on server.  On the workstation the error is:
Btrieve error on operation B_Open(0)
Betrieve status 11
"The specified filename is invalid"
on file M;\wbtrvmemo.b

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #3 - 09/19/09 at 12:18:01

btrieve error 11: The specified filename is invalid is most likely either your M: drive is not active on the work station, or you are using a different drive designator mapped to EVOERP.
use windows explorer to verify the M: drive connects and openly displays content. then keeping that open, attempt to redo the EVO workstation setup.
if that is not the correct drive letter mapping, then you might try usiing the UNC path to the server and evoerp i.e. \\server\evoerp.

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #4 - 09/21/09 at 11:04:07

The mapping of the dba folder is the same as its always been, and on every other workstation as well.  I always use M for the mapped drive to it.
The M:dba folder was open-- that is where I get the evoerp.exe file that installs the workstation.
Could this be a license error?
I have a downloaded client install version of Pervasive 10.10 that I use to install the client on the workstation.  I just did this a month ago with the same procedure and everything went fine.  It has to be the new computer but what?  Windows XP SP3, Avast antivirus paused while installing Pervasive, admin rights, firewall off..... anyone have any suggestions??

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #5 - 09/21/09 at 11:18:12

This is going to be an off the wall suggestion, that used to work occasionally when I had install problems a while ago (at least 3-5 evo updates back).  After having installed Pervasive, instead of running evoerp.exe, run tp5wdba.exe (the classic executable) one time to see if it opens Classic - close it and then try evoerp.exe again.  Sometimes this worked - otherwise, no explanations.

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #6 - 09/21/09 at 12:07:24

Yeah I already tried that and I still get a message, failed to load btrieve- error 11.  There is something wrong with Pervasive-- this client is not talking to the server maybe?  
Should I reinstall Windows?!?  This is a brand new computer....

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #7 - 09/21/09 at 12:15:28

You could try reinstalling the client. Is it a 64 bit machine? Might be a different client version needed. Just a stab in the dark.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Reply #8 - 09/22/09 at 05:28:05

Quote from cathyh on 09/21/09 at 11:04:07:
The mapping of the dba folder is the same as its always been, and on every other workstation as well.  I always use M for the mapped drive to it.
The M:dba folder was open-- that is where I get the evoerp.exe file that installs the workstation.
Could this be a license error?
I have a downloaded client install version of Pervasive 10.10 that I use to install the client on the workstation.  I just did this a month ago with the same procedure and everything went fine.  It has to be the new computer but what?  Windows XP SP3, Avast antivirus paused while installing Pervasive, admin rights, firewall off..... anyone have any suggestions??

Might be a license issue. I accidentally got this sort of problem when installing the pervasive client. I forgot to install a license and the temp license only lasted a day or something. So I installed pervasive and then a couple of days later tried to use Evo. That doesn't work so well with no license. It will crash evo just the way you described.  

If I were you I'd check to make sure that your license shows as installed and valid. In your start menu one of the pervasive utilities is the license manager.

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #9 - 09/23/09 at 14:09:25

Just thought I would let all know that the issue was the original Windows install.  
The problem was with the mapped drives.  After mapping a drive to the server, the icon in My Computer showed it as connected, when I clicked on it it would open, but the drive type in the details on the left of the screen read "Disconnected Network Drive".  The issues I read about online with this were that some programs trying to access the drive found it inaccessible.  Apparently this was the case with Pervasive and my mapped drive to the  dbamfg folder.
A new install of Windows fixed it.  Fortunately this was a new machine and there wasn't much to lose.  
So if you ever see a type "Disconnected Network Drive" on a mapped drive, you have problems!  I have never seen this before and I never found any solution from any tech support that I use here or on the internet.  I tried just a repair of windows and that did not do anything.

Thanks to all who responded.  Smiley

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
MikeT

Reply #10 - 03/11/11 at 09:33:37

If your new system is Windows 7, you need to map your drives a little differently than you did in Windows XP. Try using this:
net use X: \\serverblahblah\DBAMFG /persistent:y
or, after mapping drives, just run this command once:
net config server /autodisconnect:-1

Windows 7 disconnects network drives by default after a certain time of inactivity.

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print