Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/14/24 at 10:08:21
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Revert Back on a # of programs (Read 1320 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Revert Back on a # of programs
10/19/09 at 08:18:07

I applied the last update for September and the service pack and now the end users here want their classic screens back, they feel I've forced the GUIs on them and they are resistant to moving to them.  (I made the mistake of running the update menu program....silly me).  Anyway, I'm in deep hot water over this and I have to put their old menu programs back.  We were on the 12/21/2008 update prior to this September update.  

What I need is a list of the old programs that would have been replaced after I ran update menu so that I can manually edit their menus and put them back to the classic programs.  *sigh*

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Revert Back on a # of programs
Reply #1 - 10/19/09 at 08:21:32

Give them all the User Settings menu (you can bulk add it in PS-G/TAS-G) and let them switch themselves to "Classic View" if they prefer.  Some of mine were complaining about the tabbed view and wanted to go back to DBA programs, but they felt better when they got to use the classic view. They really need to move forward and start taking advantage of the new features in Evo. They are the reason your company spent the money on Evo in the first place Smiley

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 10/19/09 at 08:48:43

Well, I could probably do that, but the problem is Finance has me running such locked down menus that everyone is customized--so if I do that, I am likely to give someone access to something that Finance does not want them to have, and then boy oh boy....my rear's in sling now...I can't think of what would be the consequences of something like that. Roll Eyes

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #3 - 10/19/09 at 10:15:03

The program that installs menus only install what you say. Giving all users the US menu is A-okay, nothing they can do with it except change the look of their current items.  

Honestly, after three years I still had hold outs that wanted to stick with the old, DBA programs. At some point we need to move on. With the Classic View mode on the T7 programs most users can handle the shock. Don't push, but encourage/lobby/beg/cajole or whatever you have to do to bring them into the 90's!

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #4 - 10/19/09 at 10:42:39

Sorry Colin, I see what you are saying, I misread your earlier message (I'm a bit frazzled today....ugh!).  What is the file I backup first before doing a bulk add/change like that---just in case something goes goofy on me?  I only see text files for the menus and those don't contain who had what.....

Thanks so much,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #5 - 10/19/09 at 12:45:26

In the root folder...

BKMENUSU.mdx
BKMENUSU.dbt