Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/15/24 at 22:34:33
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Utility to Correct Transactions (Read 1317 times)
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

New Utility to Correct Transactions
10/29/09 at 06:06:14

A utility that would compare WO issues, PO receipts, and SO shipments(after invoicing) to the transactions to see if the proper transactions were created.  The utility would have a report-only mode, and would have filters for WO, PO, SO and part number ranges.
I had an issue with a circuit board yesterday, where I thought that O/H quanity was wrong (it wasn't, 4 were being conformally coated). I was looking at transactions and noticed that a WO for three of the boards was not showing up.  I checked the WO and it was closed, and showed 3 being made.  I know that SM-J-C can make a transaction that would balance the O/H with transactions, but this would sort of a brute-force approach.
As a minimum this utility would insure that transactions, based on what had been done in the system were made, which would clear up some of the out of synch inventory file issues, as well as helping to idenitfy where things went wrong.

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
Actican Zen V14 SP2 Workgroup
Win7 64-bit and Win10 Pro
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: New Utility to Correct Transactions
Reply #1 - 10/29/09 at 08:03:42

Assuming you are on the September 2009 update, we just wrote a utility to compare Work Order Receipt records (as seen in JC-Q) with type "W" Inventory transactions (as seen in IN-E or the Transactions button in IN-A) and create any missing "W" Inventory transactions.  Download from www.istechsupport.com/dl/worecvfx.zip and unzip to DBAMFG and UT-A, program WOROCVFX.  Enter a start date for how far back you want to go and click process.  It will create the transaction records and present a report of what it did.  It will not change on hand quantity - you can use SM-J-C Transaction level method B to reset on-hand to match transactions if needed.  

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #2 - 10/29/09 at 08:40:11

Lynn - tried running the utility - set the date to 06/01/09, click on process and the system seems to lock up (at least at that workstation) - it is looking at WORECV but it doesn't start counting any of the 13000 or so records.

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #3 - 10/29/09 at 09:00:38

I tried also, it seems to lock up

By the way what other "undocumented" utilities are out there?

Search for F:\DBAMFG\*X.RUN and there are lots

Tongue

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Reply #4 - 10/29/09 at 09:12:12

We let it run, and eventually, it did finish - but the lack of feedback was a bit worrying.  OH well.

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #5 - 10/29/09 at 10:11:17

Of course, if you run this utility after you have run SM-J-C (transactional)  in the past, then the transactions and UOH can be out of synch, as SM-J-C can create a transaction to balance the files.  Not being able to put a range on the items or WO is problematic, especially if your archived WO's and consolidated transactions aren't in the same date range

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #6 - 10/29/09 at 17:44:16

Actually the utility does look at the WO Archive file as well as the active Work Order file.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #7 - 10/30/09 at 07:27:11

Fine,  but here's the underlying thing.  It seems that the inventory files get out of wack very easily- too easily.  When they do, you have to decide what data is right and what is not.  In some instances, the transactions are correct, but the inventory location and master files are off.  Other times, its the opposite.  To have to investigate each SM-J-C correction to really see what is out of whack is very time-consuming.  I was thinking that being able to make sure that transactions were all there would help simplify things.
What would be even better would be for the files to say in sync, but I think that's a Bitreive thing.

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print