Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 23:47:24
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IN-J Part Carries over when switching companies (Read 896 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

IN-J Part Carries over when switching companies
01/05/10 at 06:23:48

Walter says this morning:
"In IN-J, I started with Company A and printed my reports A,B,C class.  I switched to the Company B screen and the C class part I was looking in Company A at followed into Company B.  It has never done that before...it is always supposed to be blank in the part number fields and definitely should  not be pulling from the other company."

We have done no new updates except to replace a PO-A program, so not sure what happened here.  Maybe he didn't close out of the screen before
switching companies?  Anybody else seen this before?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
RPCAdmin

Please save me from
the Users!!!!!!!

Re: IN-J Part Carries over when switching companie
Reply #1 - 01/05/10 at 06:38:21

Val,

I don't know about switching companies, but I have definitely seen various instances where fields look like they stay populated on a screen even if they are not truly there - for example - in IN-B enter a new part number, fill out everything including user defined field (which we use always), finish adding the part, the screen clears except for that field, you add the next new part (which uses the same user defined field), you enter down thru it all and it looks like that field is populated (BUT IT ISN'T) and you get a subsequent error in other modules if it is not.  I think it may be a "Windows" screen artifact of some sort, but Allen could verify that, so perhaps you could make sure that Walter is actually closing the screen as you mentioned.

Mike Nessen
Sr. Engineer/IT Manager/Anything else I need to be
EVO-Erp Build (always the latest) Client/Server
Pervasive 2000i on NT4 Server 15 users
Email 272531373   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: IN-J Part Carries over when switching companie
Reply #2 - 01/05/10 at 06:45:09

He claims he closed the screen, but I was not there to witness it myself.  Anyway, if anyone can reproduce please post here.  Thanks.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print