Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 23:19:09
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
strange table behavior with MDB (Read 610 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

strange table behavior with MDB
03/05/10 at 10:20:41

Yesterday, we had a part "go missing" in inventory lookup. It's not a new part. It just suddenly was not there any longer.  Sales did the paperwork to get the part added back in (that's what they thought they should do) and today the part was there, but it was not because it was re-added.  It just showed up again.  This was relayed to me this morning, so I decided to take a peek at the inventory tables in MDB to see if there was anything funky with the part records in both tables.

when I went into the BKICMSTR table, there were four blank records at the top of the table (table had default sort of by part code).  Interesting, those were not there the last time we edited this table to remove duplicate parts, on Feb. 25th for that company.  So I looked at the record for the part I was originally in there for, and that looked fine.  So no problems there.  Checked the same part in the MTICMSTR and it was fine as well.  Went back into the BKICMSTR and into edit mode and tried to remove the first blank record.  It would not remove (it removed, then came back).  Hmmm...  vI tried it again.  It removed, but it took the 2nd one with it.  Huh...Ok....so I went to remove the 3rd blank and that removed no pronblem. Went to remove the 4th one and it removed it and also the first real record in the file.  Oops, that's not supposed to happen. So I exited out of MDB and then went back in.  Reopened the BKICMSTR, and the blanks were all gone, but the first real record that it deleted previously was back but now duplicated.  So I tried removing the  duplicate record, and it deleted ALL THE RECORDS.  Wow!  Not Good.  I exited out of MDB and went back in. Reopened the BKICMSTR, and it was empty.  Exited out of MDB and Evo, and restored the backup I made before doing all this (yes, i always make a backup first).  Went back into Evo and reopened the BKICMSTR table.  It is now back with the four blank records at the top.

What on earth would cause t his type of behavior? Any suggestions as to how to fix?

Also, at the end of the records in this table is some extra info, and all of the records have about the same time and date and username tied to them.  I asked the user (our purchasing person0 what she may have been doing at that time, and she was running a standard cost rolloup, which boikned out when it hit a missing part (explained in a diff thread in this forum). Anyway, the four blank records seem to have been created during this standard cost rollup.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: strange table behavior with MDB
Reply #1 - 03/05/10 at 10:45:48

I have had odd problems when trying to delete the first or last record on the screen. I have also noticed problems using the delete and enter keys at the edges, so I always use the mouse to click the delete and yes buttons if I am near the edge of a page of data. Never seen the oops that deletes everything, which is a very good thing, since I never make a special back up. I'm in MDB a lot to fix serial numbers, so I'm not as careful as others might be.  Roll Eyes

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print