Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HELP WITH UPDATE (Read 2629 times)
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

HELP WITH UPDATE
04/05/10 at 05:19:19

I did the update 3 times.  If I go into IN-A I get the small inventory screen.  When I click on the DBA in the corner it says I need to run US-A.  Where is US-A?

I got TP5WDBA.zzz after the installs.  It made another backup copy and then renamed TP5WDBA.ZZZ to TP5Wdba.exe and I can get into EVO and things look OK.

I can't get DBA to come up.  It flashes across the screen very fast but won't stay long enough for me to log in.

IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: HELP WITH UPDATE
Reply #1 - 04/05/10 at 05:47:31

US-A is in the Settings section, a new menu group.  

If you choose to enable encrypted Evo passwords DBA will be disabled.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 04/05/10 at 06:26:06

I do not have any encrypted passwords that I know and I am the Administrator.  Where would I look if such a thing existed?  Each user has their own password which works in EVO.  And they all used DBA on Friday.

IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #3 - 04/05/10 at 06:34:50

It reminds me of a splash problem we had years ago.  Does that sound familiar?

IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 04/05/10 at 06:38:11

Since DBA was renamed, I'd venture a guess that encrypted passwords were chosen during install.

carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #5 - 04/05/10 at 07:20:06

And where is it that I can turn that off?

IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #6 - 04/05/10 at 07:31:29

I went into PS-B and can't find BKSYUSER.B.12 but it then went through.
I went into PS-C and got can't find BKUSER.COMP and it won't go in.

IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #7 - 04/05/10 at 07:40:54

you might want to redo your menu access to the new menu's. that way you will have the US-A User Settings menu. ( you can add it manually) log on as the ADMIN user in EVO, go to Sys Mgr, TAS-G Edit user menus, delete your user name, then Add user, with your user name copy from ADMIN.  
Now you have all the new menu access that the Admin has from all previous updates.

If you go to SD-Q Sytem Defaults, clck on the System Manager Tab, then on the Company Tab down the left side, the last item listed: Permanently Encrypt Passwords EVO only.

once you get the US menu set, you can go into US-A and set the IN-A (or any of the T7 menus) to either a Classic View or EVO View.

hth

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #8 - 04/05/10 at 09:12:41

I had US-A and have updated all users to be on Classic View in EVO. I can't get to "Permanently Encript Passwords Only in EVO" to say N.  It wants me to permanently delete dba classic first and it is non reversible.  So I don't want to do that.

IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #9 - 04/05/10 at 12:17:03

OK - Here is where I stand.  I changed tp5wdba from .zzz to .exe.  And  DBA now works (with a date of 2010) by using the TP5WDBA.exe  from our server.  But EVO will not work from the server.  

BUT.. we all have an ISTS file on our C drives.  And when I click evo.erp on the C drive of user machines, (2010) evo then opens up OK.  I am trying to find out where the EVO in the ISTS file links to.  I have checked files in both and they seem OK.  I am wondering why evo.erp as well as tp5wdba do not both work from the server directory.  

But in either case, I may be able to work in both for the time being.  I may try doing another update tonight directly from our server or I may leave well enough alone.  Thanks everybody for your help.

IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #10 - 04/07/10 at 07:27:37

carol,
if you'd like some remote assistance, give me a call. i'd be glad to help.

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #11 - 04/07/10 at 08:17:10

evoerp.exe is made to run from the c:\ists folder. Running it from the server just installs it locally.

carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #12 - 04/07/10 at 10:04:54

OK - I figured out that EVO only works from the user's ISTS folders. Thanks.
 Just when I though I was all set.. We changed computers on a user and I have to install DBA and EVO on this machine.  I have installed pervasive with no problem.  And I have done the workstation setup for DBA and DBA seems to work OK.  But I can't get EVO to run.
When I tried to update again yesterday I got c4dll.dll and then errmsg.dbf error trying to rename file or file moved.  Cannot create a file when it already exists.   But everything seemed to work OK, so I cancelled and put it out of my mind.  
Now I am getting that same error message when I try to set up EVO on a differen computer. So ISTS will not set up (and I do have a txt file in it).  So I am thinking I have to try UPDATE again?  Those 2 files are in the DBAMFG directory.  c4dll.dll is 412kb dated 8/28/01 and errmsg.dbf is 126kb dated 11/22/01.
If I can't get this resolved, I will call  Dave tonight.  When is a good time to connect?  I would be available at 7:15 my time.  That is when I can be sure all users are out of the system.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print