Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 07:20:52
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
workstation install required extra rights (Read 7801 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

workstation install required extra rights
04/23/10 at 07:29:58

Ok, I admit it has been a while since I did a workstation install, but I know I never had to grant full rights to the local C: drive on a system to get Evo to do the workstation install. But, we had a new Windows XP sp3 laptop  and Evo would just not install. Path was correct, firewall not blocking, full rights were on the c:\ists folder.  Yet, until I finally granted full rights on the C: drive itself, the evoerp.exe setup would not work. After granting the rights, the install worked and then I yanked the rights. The program runs fine, no issues there.

Just wondering...

And another thing I noticed:  there are two splash screens that come up when launching Evo.  They are both the "This product is licensed to" screens, but the first one is NOT our  splash screen, it says the product is licenses to Evo~ERP, PO Box 1494, Whittier CA 90609 with the serial number. Ours comes up about a second later and overlays then the first one disappears.  Just thought someone should know.
Have not see this issue before.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: workstation install required extra rights
Reply #1 - 04/23/10 at 15:31:11

The first splash screen is the runtime license that we (IS Tech Support) have purchased for the rights to redistribute the Evo-ERP executable.   The second (that stays up longer) is the license we generate for you as an Evo-ERP end user.   It has always been there.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 04/26/10 at 11:03:55

Well, it had not shown, nor does it, on any other computer on our network ever, other than this new one.  Just wanted to be sure it was not something that shouldn't be there.

Thank you.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #3 - 04/26/10 at 12:19:24

It flashes past superfast on some of our computers. Some slow ones actually show it.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #4 - 04/26/10 at 14:58:54

Well, this ain't a slow computer, for sure!  It's really really fast.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print