Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/16/24 at 12:19:28
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Title Bar Program Names (Read 671 times)
deburr

Title Bar Program Names
09/16/10 at 07:37:16

It would be a great help for the purpose of reporting issues if the program filename would appear next to the the Menu name in the title bar of the program running, so we could be sure which program needs attention. It is sometime confusing which version is causing a problem because of the mix of T5, T6, and T7 programs the system uses. It would save time and help more concise reporting. I don't report many minor bugs because I don't want to spend the time at the moment to figure out which program I am using.

Or maybe it can appear in the info bar at the bottom of the screen where the user and menu info is displayed.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Title Bar Program Names
Reply #1 - 09/19/10 at 16:13:15

Good idea but it may be one of those things that is much easier said than done.  I understand the issue and will pass on to programming.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Re: Title Bar Program Names
Reply #2 - 09/19/10 at 22:20:12

Ok I liked the Idea too. I added a new tool to the menu. Last Program Run.  This will bring up a window with " The last menu program run was XXXXXXX"

I also hot-keyed it to F12  So if you run a program then click on the Evo Menu Tools and then Last Program run, or click on the menu background and don't have the drop down of the menu active, F12 will tell you the name of the last program launched by the menu.

This feature will be in the next release version 2010.2  (most likely by the end of Sept.)

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print