Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 21:33:19
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SO-A ending SO before line items can be entered (Read 961 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

SO-A ending SO before line items can be entered
09/30/10 at 08:22:28

A user has had this happen two times today, not sure why it's occurring.  They use SO-A to enter a sales order, and when they tab off the "Ready to invoice" field to go to the line items screen, instead of opening the line items it prompts "Use default ending lines" and then says there are no billable items do you wish to close the SO?  The SO shows up in the SO listing as #0. You can't edit the SO w/o the same issue occurring so we end up starting a new SO.  Happened with two different customers.

One thing I did notice with the two SO's - in the Ship To field, there is the phrase "Has deposits".
This does not show on ones that were entered successfully. In looking at the customer records, this phrase does not show up in any of the notes, and neither customer is showing to have a deposit balance.  On customer is on credit hold, one is not.

Anyone seen this issue before?  It's baffling.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
DSANCHEZ
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: SO-A ending SO before line items can be entere
Reply #1 - 08/09/11 at 15:26:09

I had the same thing happen to me several times while entering sales orders today.  Sometimes I could get to the line item screen & sometimes it would end the same way as described above.  There was no rhyme or reason to why it was happening.  Once the SO ended I would have to reenter it from scratch.  Sometimes the same SO would do this 2 or 3 times before I could get through to the line item screen.  Clicking the "Line Item Screen" button instead of entering through "Ready to invoice" usually allowed me to get to the line item screen, but a few times the SO ended without going to the line item screen.

Any ideas or suggestions as to why this would happen?

IS Tech Support update 09/16/09 SP4

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print