Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 06:42:31
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pervasive Version Question. . . (Read 1095 times)
TGerak

DBA Classic Since
2000!

Pervasive Version Question. . .
11/15/10 at 08:28:14

We're running DBA Classic in Client/Server mode.  Our clients all have Pervasive Version 8.  I noticed when I go into Pervasive Utilities the server still seems to be Version 2000.  What's the best way to upgrade the server side to get everyone on the same version?

We're beginning to use ODBC connectors, and it looks like Version 2000 doesn't play as nicely as Version8.

TIA

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Pervasive Version Question. . .
Reply #1 - 11/16/10 at 06:34:30

Mixing versions is definitely BAD but neither 2000 nor 8 is still available or supported.  You need to either downgrade all your workstations to 2000 to match your server (I am surprised you are not having all sorts of record locking issues but having all V8 workstations may be better than a mix of 2000 and V8 workstations) or upgrade to a current version (10 or recently released 11) available from IS Tech Support.  The newer versions are definir=tely improvements in the ODBC aspect.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
TGerak

DBA Classic Since
2000!

Re: Pervasive Version Question. . .
Reply #2 - 11/16/10 at 06:48:28

We are fortunately not having record locking issues.  We're beginning to have issues with Pervasive faulting.  That's a recent development since setting up the ODBC connectors. Sounds like a good time to get everyone on the same Pervasive page.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print