Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 11:21:06
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SP1 install fail, and now License is no good?!! (Read 1093 times)
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

SP1 install fail, and now License is no good?!!
03/15/11 at 05:38:32

First problem I can live with for the moment.

While installing SP1 (downloaded yesterday) I got errors during the Clean Up on Fileloc. I didn't keep track, but it seemed to be on every single file in every company:

WARN ERR - File: wtaxinit.SRC Line: 599
An error has occurred while creating file - [PATH\FILENAME] - 3012

The rest of the install seemed to go fine. I was able to open IN-A, IN-C and SO-A (both Classic and Evo GUI versions) without any errors.

HOWEVER, the problem I have is that when I ran the GUI version of AR-A (the only thing we use it for is to edit credit card info) it would not run the Contact names conversion - I got the following error:

WARN ERR - File: t7ara.SRC Line: 185
A record was not found in FILELOC for file ISREPLNK.BVH - 2. There must be a record for each file opened.

I assume this is related to the Fileloc error(s) I got during installation.

Although it's a pain, I can live with it by going to my backup. This leads me to my serious problem.

This was my process:
I copied my entire DBAMFG folder to a new location - DBA_Backup_2011-03-14,
Did the update,
Renamed DBAMFG to DBAMFG_2011-03-15_Update,
Renamed DBA_Backup_2011-03-14 to DBAMFG.

DBA so far starts and runs fine (as far as I can tell so far), with one exception. I can't run the GUI version of AR-A, as I get:

You have not renewed your ISTECH Support License...

Obviously this is a major problem, as I can't add or edit any credit card info (actually, I can add when entering a payment, but that means having to write down the info until needed - not a good practice).

Any idea what I need to do to get right (obviously, Lynn can help me but I don't think she's awake yet...)

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Re: SP1 install fail, and now License is no good?!
Reply #1 - 03/15/11 at 08:29:14

David,

T7ARA,APA,INA,INB,WOA,POA,SOA  (the main 7 as we call them) are special. the RWN and DFM files for these are copied to each users C:\ISTS\DFM folder when something is newer.  I suspect even though you restored your backups, the Newer files for T7ARA are still there in the C:\ISTS\DFM folder.  Delete the contents C:\ISTS\DFM and then run Evo US-A select each tab and for each of the Main 7 select Evo or Classic view (whatever it is now, change it to the other, then change it back) this will cause the DFM to be copied to C:\ISTS\DFM. Save and Exit. Now you can run T7ARA and you should be good to go.

ERROR 3012 Local engine is not accessible to the microkernel router   (Pervasive client was not loaded)  
There were a few Structure changes and additions in the update somehow the engine was not loaded and it did not do them. The programs are compiled with these changes and therefor require them. You need to restore the backups and try again.

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: SP1 install fail, and now License is no good?!
Reply #2 - 03/15/11 at 08:35:33

Allen,
Thanks - it was the DFM files causing my license error.
So, I probably didn't do anything wrong on the update, just try it again?
thanks,
-d

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged