Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 16:52:25
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Current Earnings not matching B/S vs. Income (Read 1181 times)
tardsat
Browser

DBA rocks!

Current Earnings not matching B/S vs. Income
12/02/11 at 10:09:52

I am having a problem where the current earnings number on the balance sheet does not match the income statement.  DBA classic 2004.  I have run UT-K-D, and trial balance is in balance.  I can tell that it is the calculated account, so no posting or transaction record for it.  I also know that the problem only starts to show itself in October of 2011 (It is now Dec 2011).   I am using the standard report (GL-F).  
I have made sure I am not missing any accounts in AM-E.  I have checked to make sure the accounts on the balance sheet are of the appropriate type, A, L or O.

The result is that Assets does not agree with Liability and Equity on the balance sheet.  Any ideas?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Current Earnings not matching B/S vs. Income
Reply #1 - 12/02/11 at 10:52:35

Only other thing I can think of is an account in the Income statement number range that is actually a A, L or O type so it is missing from the balance sheet and contributing to the net income onthe income statement.   You already checked all the "usual suspects".  I presume the trial balance ending balance matches the Balance Sheet and Income statement account by account since you ran UT-K-D.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
tardsat
Browser

DBA rocks!

Re: Current Earnings not matching B/S vs. Income
Reply #2 - 12/02/11 at 12:25:34

Yup, that was it.  One of the GL accounts (in the 300s) was set to type L.  That caused it to be not included in the B/S report and threw off the number.  Thanks so much!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print