Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/06/24 at 05:20:22
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Modify field or display mask (Read 2093 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Modify field or display mask
02/01/12 at 07:40:58

Shipping says they need to have a comma show up in the various quantity fields on the packing lists so they make less mistakes (mis-reading 10000 vs 1000, stuff like that).  ANYWAY, I tried to see how to do that in the RTM and can't seem to figure it out.  I scanned the boards already and only one item came up where someone tried to change the display mask but it didn't work.  

How do you do this, or can't it be done?  

Thanks,  

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Modify field or display mask
Reply #1 - 02/01/12 at 08:24:38

Have a look at this link, which explains how to use Display Format in the Form Editor

http://www.cassoftware.com/tas/manual/index.html?displayformat.htm

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 02/01/12 at 09:19:42

Ok, I am at the same point the poster from 2005 was.  After finally finding the link for the Display formats in the suggested URL, I see this:  "DisplayFormat      The DisplayFormat property is used to control how data is formatted for a report. For example, '#,0' would display 10000 as 10,000."  Well I have already tried that rendition and all I get when the packing slip prints is  ,0.  The data in the field does not print.
I've also tried #,330, #,##0.00. All that prints is the comma and the decimal, not the actual quantity number.

Also the page says this:  "Display format Property Editor:  To use the Built in property editor lookup. After you have placed a dbtext or dbcalc right click on the object you have placed on your report and the following menu will be displayed.......Click on the display format menu option. and the following property editor menu will be displayed. Choose the display format you wamt to use and click ok. ..."  Nope, the available display formats are blank, i.e., there is nothing there.  

So is this a wild goose chase?

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 02/02/12 at 09:31:54

Ok, well, I guess you can't do this in the report editor, so I've let shipping know they just have to do a better job actually reading the packing slips.

Thanks anyway.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 02/02/12 at 10:53:17

cassoftware.com is a different version of TAS than what we use so things mentioned on that site may not work in Evo.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
kchri
Browser

Skiing

Reply #5 - 08/31/12 at 08:27:27

So is there a way to format then?  I also looked up the link and the formatting they suggested does not work.

I want to format the QTY field for example to not display as   1.000000  but to display   1.00  instead.   Any idea how to do this?

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #6 - 08/31/12 at 13:29:17

It is not something you can change within the report editor.  Programming would have to create a variable that is formatted the way you want it and then you could add that variable to the form.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print