Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tool Tracking! (Read 1479 times)
AndyOB

Humm...

Tool Tracking!
02/14/12 at 13:16:51

So we are going to start getting our tool usage records in order. I'm hoping to hear from some people who use Routings and data collection in Evo to track their tool usage.

Our shop specifically has a LOT of test fixtures that we use in quality control for high pot testing. Ideally they are only good for about 10,000 tests before they have to be replaced with a new fixture that we build in house. The average job needs 2-10 of these test fixtures, not to mention we have crimping applicators, and hand tools that also need calibration/usage tracking.

Right now we list 1 routing entry for each tool we use on a job, since Evo only allows 1 tool to be attached per routing line. Some of our routings are getting really big. Also when we track labor I can't tell exactly where you do tooling reports that should estimate when tools are due for replacement or calibration.

Our other option may be to get a separate application for tooltracking as it'd be nice to have a system in place for checking out/in tools which I don't really think evo does.

Data on the webhelp for data collecting seems out of date.

Any help is appreciated. If anyone out there is tracking tooling, what's been your solution if not Evo?

-A.

--
Andy O'Brien of Nortra Cables, Inc.
Milpitas, CA
WWW AndyOB   IP Logged
AndyOB

Humm...

Re: Tool Tracking!
Reply #1 - 02/23/12 at 15:12:55

Still interested in this topic.

--
Milpitas, CA
WWW AndyOB   IP Logged
jamfg
Browser

Reply #2 - 06/16/20 at 08:28:17

We are currently looking at tracking tools, sorry no one posted.....If you came up with a system in EVO please share!

IP Logged
AndyOB

Humm...

Reply #3 - 06/16/20 at 08:33:49

We have not, and we implemented a third party tool tracking software that kind of does the job. With a little work we could probably move data betweeen Evo and our tracker (like MRP, PO generation, etc.), but no budget at the moment. Maybe Lynn will chime in with a comment.

--
Milpitas, CA
WWW AndyOB   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #4 - 06/22/20 at 12:08:55

Evo has a pretty good Module, but I didn't find any reports or reports worth using. They would be easy to create.

To connect Evo to an External App, better to create a Costume App
SQL Base like Evo, so that it can import/export data.  

Easy to create. Similar concept of a Asset Tracking App

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print