Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/02/24 at 08:32:02
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help files in pdf vs html (Read 1833 times)
Laura Oliver

Help files in pdf vs html
09/06/12 at 08:01:45

Are the two help resources below identical?  

■Help Files in PDF - is a complete and printable set of the DBA Classic/Evo~ERP help files updated for the latest release from IS Tech.
■Help Files in HTML - The complete Help file online in HTML format.

...and does EVO not have the installed help pulldown button like DBA or am I just overlooking it?

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Help files in pdf vs html
Reply #1 - 09/09/12 at 07:49:18

Evo has the same Help button as DBA.   It opens the WinHelp file and it also has the option to connect to the HTML Help for people using Windows 7 that can't open the WinHelp file.  The Help is updated with each update but the PDF version on the website is a couple of updates behind because the Help authoring tool currently being used doesn't have a PDF option and I haven't found an add-on yet with that capability.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #2 - 09/10/12 at 15:55:19

Thanks Lynn,  I have since noticed the "HELP" works correctly on the XP workstations, but not on the Windows 7 workstation. Clicking the Evo_ERP help button takes us to Windows help and support... Why can't I get help from this program  This is also where the WHATS NEW button takes us.

I suppose right now the only option for Win 7 users in the web help,. but since none of our workstations have access to the internet we will  just switch to DBA classic when we need HELP.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 09/10/12 at 17:44:54

Switching to DBA Classic will not work.  The problem is Windows, not whether you are using DBA or Evo.  Windows 7 can not open the .HLP files without installing a patch from Microsoft.  Go to the Windows Help and Support link that pops up when you try and download and install the patch.  There may be some other hoops you have to jump through to get it to work seamlessly, depending on your network architecture.  See www.istechsupport.com/winhelp.pdf.  You may want to get an IT person involved, there is some registry editing that may be necessary.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #4 - 03/29/13 at 04:48:58

What I've been doing for help on Win 7/8 is just copying the "DBAHELP.hlp" from DBAMFG to the local ISTS folder and put a shortcut to in on the desktop.

I do get one error when it opens "There was a problem running the macro. (1037)", but it does open and both the Index and Find features work.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print