Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/21/24 at 15:04:18
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UNARCHIVE SALES ORDERS (Read 2643 times)
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

UNARCHIVE SALES ORDERS
11/07/12 at 10:01:35

I went into SM-J-J to unarchive sales orders.  they all came through but with zero's on all lines. what did i do wrong?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: UNARCHIVE SALES ORDERS
Reply #1 - 11/07/12 at 10:16:36

If they are archived, they are by definition closed so they all have 0 balance remaining.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 11/07/12 at 10:23:34

OH MY GOD.  Can i restore an old backup today. We thought when we archive PO, Sales orders, etc that we could always get them back. What files would i need to restore to get the original sales orders back from Dec 2011 when we archived them.

IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #3 - 11/07/12 at 14:01:53

When archiving then restoring Sales Orders, there qty is missing, but you can get it from BKAR_INL_OOQTY field. Because the price is there everything else can be "restore".

The question here would be why would you like to restore them? and what are you going to do with them once they are restored.

Wink

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 11/07/12 at 14:57:43

We have crystal and excel reports that compare sales for the last 3 years. But with the sales orders being archived, my reports are not reflecting the sales from 2010 for our customers. Also if I go into SA-A to run a sales report on a customer from 2010, it comes up blank.

IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #5 - 11/07/12 at 15:16:06

Not the most elegant thing, but every year before I do end-of-year processes, I create a archive company using the data from the live company. This means I have a 2009, 2010, and 2011, etc. company.  That way I can look back at data.  It does eat up a lot of disk space, and might not be practical in your instance- I'm in a small company with a Peer to Peer setup.

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
Actican Zen V14 SP2 Workgroup
Win7 64-bit and Win10 Pro
WWW   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #6 - 11/07/12 at 15:45:02

Actually I do have the backup from last year before I archived sales orders. I guess I will talk to our consultant if she can access those records to produce my reports

thanks

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #7 - 11/08/12 at 08:00:18

Going back to the backup won't change anything.  Once an order is closed, the remaining quantity is 0 and if you want to run a comparison report you have to look at the OOQTY field (Original Order Quantity).   A backup from before you archived will be EXACTLY the same as you have now since you unarchived and have the orders back but with 0 quantities.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
carolg

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #8 - 11/08/12 at 08:09:27

Presently our consultant produces reports of sales from 2011 and 2012 for all customers, using ODBC, by linking data from the files you mentioned above.  And those sales orders are closed.  She will be in next Wed and I will check with her and let you know the outcome.  I myself try not to mess with the internal files except to do some basic exports.

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #9 - 07/10/18 at 05:30:05

Quote from Vman on 11/07/12 at 15:16:06:
.........  every year before I do end-of-year processes, I create a archive company using the data from the live company. This means I have a 2009, 2010, and 2011, etc. company.  That way I can look back at data.  It does eat up a lot of disk space, and might not be practical in your instance- I'm in a small company with a Peer to Peer setup.  

How would creating an annual archive company as Vman does effect doing an update install?   I would think  all those extra backup (BUP) companies would really slow the update down.   I ask because we are so far behind on updates I fear that it will take oodles of hours to do our update and i too  have few  BUP companies  I have been archived all workorders and sales orders.
Thanks
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #10 - 07/14/18 at 05:29:35

Yes, every one of those backup companies needs to be updated so it will drastically slow down the process.  The important historical data is the invoices.  That is what you actually sold.  You should be using that for reporting.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print