News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
setup new workstation (Read 3209 times)
Laura Oliver

setup new workstation
02/27/13 at 08:33:10

Is there a link to  instructions for setting up a Win7 64 bit workstation?

I know that I need to get pervasive on the new machine.... but I can't remember how cry

Thanks,
Laura

http://www.istechsupport.com/dl/newws.pdf

« Last Edit: 02/27/13 at 14:39:19 by Laura Oliver »  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: setup new workstation
Reply #1 - 10/31/18 at 09:19:53

This is for my future reference but it might help someone else.  (Oct 2018)   We have a Windows Server 8 and I installed new workstation with Windows 10 home.  I don't completely understand the new workstation instruction on DBA Evo website.   The instructions say that #1 is to install the pervasive client to the workstation but I think this  may be from the days of installing from a CD.   the steps I use are in a different order and that may be causing some kinks we have?

1. At the workstation  Map the drive  (this is #2 on the official instructions)  
2. At the workstation install the pervasive client.  View the server via  the mapped drive. install pervasive client by right clicking the autorun file 499 kb  (it is not in the auto run folder but exists as individual file in the Pervasive folder.  I right click and run as admin.  Choose client 32 bit even if your new workstation is a 64 bit.
3. Run workstation setup.   This is almost instant and I always think it didn't happen.  I do not see a comfirmation that it happened.
4.  Go to C: on new workstation and create a folder name ISTS and copy photos of your grandkids into this folder so it is no longer empty.  Not sure if the folder could be created in My Documents or not.  
5.  Get icons on your new workstation.   I don't understand the instructions to create icons.  I just slide the DBARun and EVo-ERP file to the desktop from the mapped drive
This works for me.   I am about to add a new workstation and I might edit some of this.  

tag:  install new workstation work station   installation

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #2 - 02/14/20 at 10:36:10

Here I am in 2020 trying to setup a new workstation and i see the instructions have changed.   (Sadly I ended up doing this the old way by mapping a drive)   I am concerned that the mapping of drives may be causing some of the quirkly problems we have with evo)

For next time i set up a new workstation:
1) How do i install pervasive client if i have not yet mapped a drive?   I can not see the server if i dont map a drive.
2) How do i browse to the server without a drive?

I can not follow any of the other instructions if i cant figure out how to browse to the server.

I need to know how to get to the server without mapping a drive.

Lynn said
Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 08/21/18 at 16:21:35:
With newer Windows operating systems no mapped drive is needed for either DBA or Evo.  For DBA point the icon to
\\servername\share\dbamfg\tp5wdba.exe
(whatever your server name and share are) and for Evo, edit the paths in the C:\ISTS\TASPRO7.INI to reflect the full UNC path rather than a mapped drive.

New Workstation Instructions
DBA Classic & Evo-ERP
1. Install the Pervasive client to the workstation. Make certain that the version of the client matches the server. Once you locate the correct client install files, replace the contents of the DBAMFG\Pervasive folder with these files so they will be available in the future. If you are introducing Windows 10 workstations into the network or going to a server newer than 2008, and on a Pervasive version older than PSQL 10, an upgrade to PSQL 14 (available from IS Tech Support) is recommended.
2. For DBA Classic, browse to the server and create a desktop icon pointing to the
TP5WDBA.EXE in the DBAMFG folder. A mapped drive is not necessary and in fact it is not recommended. 3. Create a local folder C:\ISTS and copy any file into it so that the folder exists and is not empty. Browse to the server and right click on EVOERP.EXE in the application folder (DBAMFG or EVOERP) and choose “Run As Administrator”. The Workstation Setup program will load. Choose the desired date format (this changes the format for all users and much match the Windows Date format so you all need to be using the same Windows Date format – MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY) and click Continue and the program  will create the necessary local files and desktop icon.
4. If you were logged into Windows on the workstation as Administrator to do the installation, make sure the user Windows profile has full rights to the C:\ISTS folder.  
5. To load DBA Classic, Desktop icon created in step 2. To turn on the IS Tech Toolbar, go to System Manager, SM-K and click the button to turn on the toolbar.
6. To load Evo-ERP for the first time, right click on the desktop icon and Run As Administrator. Once this is done once, double clicking the icon will work fine in the future. To turn on the IS Tech Toolbar and set other user and workstation specific settings, go to Settings – US-A.
7. To set up email in Evo-ERP, you need to go to US-A logged into Evo as the user and click the email tab and set the SMTP Server login, PDF file path and boilerplate information.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
MikeT

Reply #3 - 02/19/20 at 08:32:31

Open File Explorer in windows, click in the "address" bar, and type in \\servername\ to browse to your server and see whatever shares you have. Obviously replace servername with the name of YOUR server.

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #4 - 07/22/21 at 10:44:09

For future reference:  If the workstation has already been set up on the computer you do not have to add it for multiple logins.  Every identity will be a workstation and can access the sever once the shortcuts are made.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print