Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 13:35:58
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IN-B screen takesa long time to load (Read 849 times)
IT Department

IN-B screen takesa long time to load
03/07/13 at 11:11:51

Hi,

We are using DBA Classic 2004.1 update 10/25/12 SP1. We just upgraded to this version and we are only using the DBA Classic version. For some reason the screens are taking a long time to load for both SO-A and IN-B. IN general it seems that the screens are taking a very long time to load. I just tunred the Antivirua on the dbamfg folders off.  But it does not seem to help. Please let me know if there is something I can do to fix this.

Thank you

IT Department   IP Logged
IT Department

Re: IN-B screen takesa long time to load
Reply #1 - 03/12/13 at 08:42:12

HAs anybody had a chance to look at this. We are seeing this problem with many users and the times for screens to load is greatly different for different users with 4 seconds being the fastest. Any suggestions are welcome.  I noticed that we are using  UNC paths vs a mapped drive. Does that have anything to do with it. Or do we have to have a mapped drive?

Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 03/12/13 at 20:20:56

DBA Classic does like a mapped drive.  Worth a try on a couple of stations.  If you have newer Windows OS on the workstations, there are issues with dropping drive maps after a period of inactivity so that can be a Catch-22.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
IT Department

Reply #3 - 03/13/13 at 06:43:33

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Will it matter that the client install was not done from a mapped drive but from a UNC path? We have been using both because my colleague did this by mistake once on a client and hence I thought that the mapped drive is not completely essential.  

Thank you,
Shanthi

Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 03/13/13 at 07:34:35

How the installation was originally done does not matter.  I really don't know if this will work or not but it is worth a shot.  Map a drive and create a shortcut pointing to TP5WDBA.EXE using the mapped drive and see if it makes a difference.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print