Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 10:16:46
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Process Flow for SR and RMA modules (Read 1089 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Process Flow for SR and RMA modules
04/30/13 at 09:13:39

It seems there are some folks who are in fact successfully using the SR and RMA modules.  I'd like to see if anyone (or if ISTech) has a process flow diagram of how these modules work, what happens step-by step, where things show up at each point, etc.  

We'd also like to know if anyone is using serial #s, as we have many serialized parts that we would need to be able to enter serial #s for when receiving in the RMA in (we don't see that in the receiving screen at present).  

Also, there does not appear to be any easy way for customer service to check on outstanding RMAs and SRs and where they are in process.  Anyone figure out a good way to do that?

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
SharonT
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Re: Process Flow for SR and RMA modules
Reply #1 - 09/18/19 at 11:21:17

I have the flow down until it is time to invoice.  I add in the items that were used for repair and the labor is booked on the work order but they do not roll up into a cost of repair.  The invoice is $0. and the cost of goods shows the cost of the finished part at actual cost PLUS the repair cost but no labor.

Have you been successful with the whole process yet? undecided

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 09/18/19 at 12:49:36

The materials and labor used in the repair need to be issued to the S/R work order, not added to the order.  SR-E then has an option when releasing the line that allows you to review the BOM and select components to be itemized on the invoice.  The invoice posting process in SR-G will roll up the work order cost and post it as the COGS against the invoice.  You must leave the work order open until the invoice is posted.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 10/24/19 at 11:15:15

Sharon,
We have not been using the module yet. Much as I have bugged and pleaded for sales and finance to get on board and start using it since it came out, they won't yet consider it. Can't change their old ways even though there are HUGE benefits to using this module.  I blame their use of Facebook.  Wink  Someone must have posted false information there and they read it and stick to their guns on not using it (it's the only thing I can come up with as their reason--LOL).

I was looking for a process flow diagram so that they can better visualize the entire process and see it really isn't a mystery, they can adapt their current processes and also gain better insight into returns, etc.  I was hoping that this was already done by someone some place.  

If you have happened to have done this, I'd welcome getting a copy I can use/modify.  

Kind regards,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print