Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MS Access (Read 708 times)
Prier Products

I Love YaBB 2!

MS Access
05/08/13 at 12:09:37

I’m new to MS Access but I understand it is possible to use this for report writing out of EVO.  Does anyone use MS Access for this purpose?  If so, how long did it take you to create the database?  Any tips?

IP Logged
MikeT

Re: MS Access
Reply #1 - 05/08/13 at 12:21:10

We use Access frequently. Have you set it up yet? The process is pretty much create ODBC DDF's, connect using ODBC connection on a windows machine, and then open up access, make a new database and reference existing data connection via ODBC.
From there, you have to kind of play around with what kind of information you want to get out of it. I suggest going http://www.istechsupport.com/dl/dbafile.zip to see a list of the tables in Evo/DBA. (Excel file from ISTECHSUPPORT website).
We use it to run reports on specific vendors, create custom machine center schedules, and report on different sales figures by vendor.

Michael Tingle
G.R. Manufacturing, Inc.
Trussville, AL
Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Pervasive v11
50 Users
WWW   IP Logged
Prier Products

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: MS Access
Reply #2 - 05/08/13 at 12:45:15

No, we haven't set up anything yet.  I will give it a shot from your response.  The dbafile.zip will be very helpful too.  Thanks!  One use for the reports is to keep data consistent like Bin Location.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print