Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/25/24 at 22:49:13
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AR-A account balance error (Read 1135 times)
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

AR-A account balance error
02/17/14 at 12:18:50

In AR-A, I have an account that is paid in full, but because of previous entry errors it is show opening account balances of 360.00 and -340.00.  What is the bet way to fix this so the open amount balance is $0.00.

Thanks

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: AR-A account balance error
Reply #1 - 02/17/14 at 20:14:30

We need more info.  Aging, Statement and Pick to apply payment - what are the entries?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 02/19/14 at 10:10:54

The original $360.00 was a deposit on account, there was a reversal made for it of $360.00, but now the balance showed up as 360.00 and -360.00 in AR-A. I could not clear it off when I went to payments and entered 0.00. I then had another entry for a 20.00 fee that I created a voucher for but when I went to apply it in AR-C, we put in the 0.00 amount and it then applied the 20.00 to the 360.00 entry.  Now the customers account shows as -360.00 and 340.00. Both of these amounts show up in the aging. I hope this explanation helps.

IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 02/20/14 at 07:50:11

Quote from JereC on 02/19/14 at 10:10:54:
I could not clear it off when I went to payments and entered 0.00.

Why - what happened?  

Other than that, everything sounds normal. You will have to re-enter the $20 voucher. You should be able to just say Yes to "Apply all open credits?" and "Apply to all open invoices starting with the oldest?".

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 02/21/14 at 09:44:29

David,
Thanks for responding to my post.  

I did add the $20.00 back in and then went to create a 0.00 payment, however, the pop up window says I cannot apply a 0.00 payment since there are no open credits.  Any ideas? I'll be honest I just don't understand how to correct errors in DBA.

Jere'

IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #5 - 02/21/14 at 10:04:58

Is the Deposit attached to a SO? If so, I don't believe you will be able to use it to "pay" a voucher in AR-C. You will have to delete the SO number on that Deposit in AR-N. If that's not it there are a couple other potential issues.

When you go into AR-C, there is a display at the lower right side of the screen that shows total Credits, Deposits and Invoices. Do you see the $360 credit there? If so, I suspect that it got entered with a bad date, as you are not allowed to select credits/invoices of a later date than the "payment" being entered. Take a closer look at the Aging Report and note the date of the Deposit. Then advance the date of the "payment" to equal the Deposit date.

If the Deposit is not showing up on the AR-C screen then there is almost certainly some kind of problem with the database - maybe the original reconciliation got interrupted somehow and only part of the transaction got posted. If that's the case it's quite a bit more complicated and I don't feel competent to provide support remotely. It's hard enough sitting at the machine... I would suggest using IS Tech Support. If you're not a subscriber I believe they still provide per incident support.

Good luck.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
JereC

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #6 - 02/21/14 at 16:01:56

Thanks again.  I did check and there is no credit showing up on the AR-C, so I believe you are right and I need more help.  But thanks for taking your time in helping me out.

Jere'

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print