Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/16/24 at 07:03:57
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reversing Duplicate Checkmark PR transfer (Read 658 times)
bquinn
Browser

Reversing Duplicate Checkmark PR transfer
03/02/16 at 16:14:30

I have a case where duplicate PR vouchers from Checkmark Payroll were loaded into DBA last year.   The transfer file was loaded to DBA twice in error.   I have determined the affected accounts to create credit memo's to correct.  My question is whether I should back date the vouchers to apply them to the date on which the transfer happened last year or is it safer/better to apply them at current date this year.  I'm not sure how COA, GL year end entries, etc are effected when transactions are applied into last year.

We are running classic DBA older version 2004.1

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Reversing Duplicate Checkmark PR transfer
Reply #1 - 03/03/16 at 08:21:05

Since the entries affect Labor (expense) accounts and as a result, net income the reversal should be backdated to last year.  The program will correctly post closing entries to Retained Earnings for the net amount of expenses.  There is a bug in the version you have (since fixed in our version) that when posting GL-O for prior year entries, if selecting different dates and/or journal types and posting in the same GL-O session you will end up with out of balance YE Journal.  To prevent it, do not make multiple prior year postings in the same GL-O session.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print