Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/18/24 at 06:51:54
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crystal Reports Migration (Read 1512 times)
MarcP
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Crystal Reports Migration
03/30/16 at 17:47:04

I have a client running DBA Classic (Version 2002.4 DL).  I recently helped them migrate to a new server (MS Windows 2012 Standard R2).  As part of that process, Pervasive (Version 8.5) was installed on the server and configured to run database hosting services.  The DBA folders were copied from the old server to the new server and the client PC’s were configured to map their drive so that the UNC path remained the same.  So far, so good.  All the DBA software has been working correctly since the time of this migration (about 3 weeks ago).

Their office manager explained to me that they have two Windows XP computers on their network because they can’t get the reports that run on these computers to work on a Windows 7 computer.  I took this challenge upon myself to see if I could help them get a Windows 7 Pro computer (successfully connecting and running DBA) to open and update their reports.  Their reports are RPT files written in Crystal Reports.  I downloaded a trial version of the Crystal Reports software from SAP (Version 2013) and went to work troubleshooting.  Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to make much progress.  Even though the older Windows XP computers are able to open and run these reports (with all the same drive mappings, DSN’s, and logon account on the new server), the Windows 7 Pro computers just can’t seem to successfully open and run them.  I’ve been getting Btrieve 3012 and 3014 error messages and I’ve spent many hours researching on-line and troubleshooting.

UPDATE:  Lynn suggested that I copy the entire DBA folder locally to a Windows 7 computer, upgrade to Pervasive V12 Workgroup, and see if I can get these reports working on a stand-alone environment.  I've gone through these steps, but I'm still getting errors related to finding and identifying the database and fields.  

Errors I'm seeing when attempting to refresh the data in the report:
"Failed to retrieve data from the database"
"Data object cannot be opened / accessed"
"Database Connector Error:  'Btrieve [11]: Invalid Filename.'
"Data Object cannot be opened / accessed.  Details:  cannot open file DEFAULT\BKPRHIST.B"

I would really appreciate any guidance or advice on how I can resolve this.  Thank you!

IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Re: Crystal Reports Migration
Reply #1 - 03/31/16 at 06:51:16

did you change the reports data source?
they could be pointing to the old server "\\MYOLDSERVER\MYDBAFOLDER"

google it! and you will find the steps to change the data source, ...if that it is the problemo !!!

Wink

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
BurrKing_Mfg

Computer repair can
not be done with a
hammer!

Re: Crystal Reports Migration
Reply #2 - 03/31/16 at 10:34:19

Is the OBDC connection running correctly?  I think it needs to be 32 bit-  so if you are running on a 64 bit windows 7 system that could be an issue.

I would be happy to look at a report for you.

we have crystal v14

james

12 User Evo-ERP
Pervasive 11
2012r2 Server (needs upgrades)
Evo is fully patched and ready to go
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print