Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
IN-D Report? (Read 6840 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

IN-D Report?
04/06/16 at 07:09:12

Our Manufacturing Manager really prefers the old text based IN-D report because of the amount of data it offered vs the new GUI reports, T6IND.., which offer far less.  Has anyone developed a customized Crystal Report that mirrors what the old text based IN-D report did?  And would you be willing to share it?

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: IN-D Report?
Reply #1 - 04/06/16 at 08:06:15

You can still run the old IN-D report. Just change the program that's called in TAS-G. Of course, if you use the "Update to Latest Program" option you will have to manually change it back each time you do that.

Running it from UT-A is a possible option if you are comfortable giving access to that.

There MAY be another option, as I'm not sure exactly how the "Update to latest Program" works. If it works of the Default Menu layout, you could add a new menu item pointing to the T6 program.

We do use a CR to help us manage our stock levels, but it doesn't come close to mirroring the old report...

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 04/08/16 at 10:25:21

We put Walter and the purchasing people back on the T6 report. I will test adding a separate menu item and see if it keeps it once I use the update.  That's a good idea, hopefully it will work.  I thought of the Crystal, but sound like it may be more work than I have time for.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 04/10/16 at 17:36:56

The new report should include the same information if you answer the questions the same way.  What is it missing?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #4 - 04/12/16 at 09:54:38

From what I saw, just a glance at the old vs the new, there is way more information on the old report than the new one. I will ask him what specifically he needs that is on the old but not the new.  

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 04/12/16 at 13:28:58

Make sure the questions are being answered the same.  There is a lot of order detail that can be included or excluded making the report look VERY different.  Also, if the RTM version is missing something you can add it to the RTM yourself.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #6 - 04/12/16 at 13:35:17

I don't remember if it had the ability, but if they had Saved Settings in the T6 screen they don't transfer to the new one. You would have to redo them; this could lead to the answers/report being different.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #7 - 04/26/16 at 14:00:54

I will go back and check with them, and see what their settings are old vs new.  I know we can edit
the RTM if we need to.

Thank you.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #8 - 05/17/16 at 06:56:19

So, on the old (text based) re-order report, they do see much more detail, such as sub-reports on sales orders and work orders that they have used for years that is indeed missing on the new GUI report.    Same thing on the BOM availability report.

Has anyone created a new reorder report that incorporate these types of detail?

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #9 - 05/17/16 at 07:57:26

So what they are not seeing is the sub report that shows up like this, within the specific part information:

Stk      Lead      (=)            (-)            (-)      (+)            (+)      (=)      REord      Over/      Reord
Item #      Typ      UM      Time      On Hand      On SO/BO      Alloc      On PO/IN QC      On WO      Avail      Level      Under     Amt
================================================================================
===================================
40299      F      EA      21      0.00            1800.00      0.00      0.00      150.00      -1650.00      150      -1800      150
Lamp 12v 20W Selected
Pre-focused

Start Date               Due Date                   Qty             BO or QC      Cust/Vend/Parent      Order No.
     --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
SO's:            06/16/2016             06/30/2016     1800.00             0.00       WATEC      WATECCo          774580

WO's:      04/29/2016      05/20/2016       50.00                    WATEC      WATECCo          18773-      1
WO's:      05/10/2016      05/31/2016      100.00                    WATEC      WATECCo          18798-      1

This sub-table info is what is not appearing on the report. I tried various renditions in the filter tab to no avail.  I can get one piece of one subreport to appear for a work order, but am not able to mirror what I get when I run the old report using the same parameters.  They do not enter any part numbers to run, they use type FA, Active status:  YNORD, no class specification, no category specification, no cycle code specification, no planner code specification, choose only below reorder level, no filters like there are on the filters tab of the new GUI interface.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #10 - 05/17/16 at 08:53:37

There is an option on the screen to Print Order Detail.  It needs to be selected as well as the three selections below it to include Sales Orders, Purchase Orders and Work Orders

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #11 - 05/19/16 at 14:46:16

Ok, maybe I missed that. I will go back in and try it again!  Thank you.  Will post back.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #12 - 05/19/16 at 15:19:34

IN-D Print Reorder Report ISTS Enhancements 01/19/16
Here's what I ran with:
Item TYPE FRAM
Only Below Reorder Level
Active Status Filter  YNODE
Checked (enabled):
Include Extended Item Desc
Print Order Detail
Print/Filter on Sales Order
Print/Filter on Purchase Orders
Print/Filter on Work Orders
Print WO Allocations indexed by Due Date
Highlight Items with Insufficient On Hand

Did not enter any SO, WO or PO filters on the filters tab.

Did it for just the default inventory location and also for all inventory locations (just because).  
Both time, same results:

Now I do see a sub report for SO and POs, and it is only for SOs and POs for the first part in the report.  AND this sub-report is on the last page of the report before the totals page and not directly underneath the related part in the report, which is how it is on the old report.  

Also, there are other parts for which we should be seeing a sub report, yet nothing else shows but this one.  If I run it for a range of parts where I know I should see a few sub reports, it still only shows the sub-report SL-PO-WO for the first part in the report and none else, and the sub report is at the end of the report, not under the related part.

Also the headers do not repeat page to page as they did on the old report.....

So production is correct, this report is not working correctly if compared to the old one.  Any way to get a copy where the sub reports all show up and are where they are supposed to be?

Thank you,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #13 - 05/20/16 at 09:40:46

Make sure you have the most recent RTM (copy up from the RTX subfolder and rename).  I just ran here and got all the expected subreports.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #14 - 05/20/16 at 12:46:23

All, right, I will check and let you know.  Thanks!

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print