Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 16:43:17
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
create record in BKARHTAX &  BKISTAX  to (Read 1857 times)
Laura Oliver

create record in BKARHTAX &  BKISTAX  to
04/18/16 at 12:25:18

As I gathered info to remit the 1st Quarter sales tax to the state and other localities I discovered that an invoice was missing from AR-K  because the Sales Order had been posted with a blank  tax group on the header.

I went to maintain database and …
The invoice was missing in BKARHTAX and BKISTAX

The invoice was found  in  BKARHINV  and  BKARINV but the  BKAR_INVX_ISTKY was blank in both files. So I manually typed in the tax group in BKAR_INVX_ISTKY

I then hoped that this would somehow magically f x BKARHTAX and BKISTAX, but it didn’t..   I thought I remembered that when this happened several years ago that BKARHTAX and BKISTAX would be fixed if you added the tax group to  both  BKARHINV  and  BKARINV

Do I need to create a new  record for this invoice in  BKARHTAX and BKISTAX  or is there another file to amend beside  BKARHINV  and  BKARINV?

Thanks,
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: create record in BKARHTAX &  BKISTAX  to
Reply #1 - 04/19/16 at 06:22:48

Sorry - I can't really help. I've never bothered trying to fix the database - I just hand write notes on the reports. Did that this morning, in fact. Two different issues today - one invoice was marked as Taxable but it was assigned to a group that has no tax (user training error), and two others were not assigned groups at all so they don't show up on the AR-K report either as taxable or not taxable. I actually use a Crystal Report to do my tax reporting just because of this problem.

[rant]I don't understand why you are allowed to enter a SO without a tax group. While I do understand that not every company needs to do this, it seems like a lot must need to, and it should be an option to require it.

What I do NOT understand at all is why it will allow you to make the SO Taxable, and allow no Group to be selected. I mean, if it IS taxable, that tax has to be submitted to somebody, doesn't it???

My last tax gripe is that once you make the SO Not Taxable, you cannot select a Group. The only way to have a Group assigned to a NonTaxable SO is to either have the customer set up that way, or make the SO Taxable, pick the Group, and then go back and make the SO NotTaxable.[/rant]

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #2 - 04/19/16 at 06:41:53

The Sales Order's currency and tax group comes from the Customer.

Check your Customers!

select bkar_custcode  from BKARCUST where ASCII(LTRIM(RTRIM(BKAR_IS_TAXGRP))) = 0 ' Tax Group

select bkar_custcode  from BKARCUST where ASCII(LTRIM(RTRIM(BKAR_IS_MCCODE))) = 0 'Currency

Tongue

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #3 - 04/19/16 at 07:15:18

Quote from Kelloggs on 04/19/16 at 06:41:53:
The Sales Order's currency and tax group comes from the Customer.

Check your Customers!

All of our customers have a Tax Group assigned. However, sometimes they need to be changed per SO.

A common occurrence is that we have a contractor living in City A, with jobsites in City B, City C, City D, etc. Most often we will have one order per location - not enough, IMO to justify setting up a Ship To Only "customer" at that address. So we manually enter the address and change the Tax Group on the SO.

Another situation is a customer in neighboring states. If we ship to them by contracted carrier, we do not (and cannot) charge them sales tax. However, if they come pick something up, we do need to charge them tax.

The last situation is where a Tax Exempt* customer buys something which is taxable (for instance, something for personal use), and we need to change the SO to Taxable.

All these situations are real life and potential for user error that Evo does not have controls in place for.

*There is a difference between Tax Exempt and Not Taxable. TE means that we would be required to charge tax, but the customer has a waiver for whatever reason (it's for resale, they are a charitable org, it's being used for an exemptable purpose, etc). NT means that we are not allowed to charge tax, i.e. we do not have authority, such as shipping to another state.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #4 - 04/19/16 at 07:47:58

Let me correct my self then

The Sales Order's default currency and tax group comes from the Customer.

Check your Customers!  

Tongue

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 04/19/16 at 10:16:02

I can not enter a Sales Order and set Taxable to Y and leave the Tax Authority blank.  If I tab or Enter off the Taxable, the next tab stop is the tax authority and I can't come off that field without entering something.  If I click Lines rather than Tab or Enter off the Taxable flag I can enter the lines but eventually when the order is saved, it catches the blank tax authority and forces an entry.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #6 - 04/25/16 at 07:52:21

Quote from David Waldmann on 04/19/16 at 07:15:18:

*There is a difference between Tax Exempt and Not Taxable. TE means that we would be required to charge tax, but the customer has a waiver for whatever reason (it's for resale, they are a charitable org, it's being used for an exemptable purpose, etc). NT means that we are not allowed to charge tax, i.e. we do not have authority, such as shipping to another state.

I agree.  I have tax codes set up for direct pay permits, resale, interstate commerce  etc etc.  Every sales order gets a tax code, even if its not taxable.    I have done it this way on DBA since 1997, and it has worked great.  We are also similar in that while all our customers have default  tax status and we often have to change the status on the sales Order because sometimes the job may have material and sometimes only labor, sometimes we deliver and sometimes it is will call.   It might be for resale or the same customer might using for their own consumption.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #7 - 04/25/16 at 08:02:51

It looks like SO-A is such that you can't make it Taxable and not select a Group. That's an improvement, but we still would like to be able to force a Group to be selected whether it's Taxable or not.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print