Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/20/24 at 03:15:57
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Install Patches greyed out. (Read 2587 times)
cmsk

Install Patches greyed out.
04/26/17 at 06:56:07

When we go to install patches, the list will populate and Check for Patches remains 'clickable' but Install Patches is NOT.  It's greyed out.  

If I exit out of the Updates (SM-V or the upper right IsTechSupport link) a bunch of times to reload the Patch list, it'll eventually let me click the Install Patches.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

--
Thank you
Chris Simo-Kinzer
Vice President
brookfield industries, inc.

Evo-ERP 2017.2 Build 4.5.17 Update T7-7i R11
Pervasive 9.5
Email WWW cmskbii   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: Install Patches greyed out.
Reply #1 - 04/26/17 at 08:02:19

Clicking the Update Available link on the tool bar will (should) never let you install them - that's only for notifying.

However, SM-V should always work. And does for us, if/when it loads. In the last couple/few months (since 2017.1?) about half the time the little box says "Loading...." but it never does.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
cmsk

Reply #2 - 04/26/17 at 08:06:48

Well clicking the link in the tool bar brings up the same Update program as SM-V.  

Next time there are Patches I'll try just going to SM-V and see what happens.  

Loading does seem to take a bit longer than I'd expect, but I don't have anything to compare it to, as we've only just updated to 2017.2 from an older 2011 version and never used the Patch program prior.

--
Thank you
Chris Simo-Kinzer
Vice President

Pervasive 9.5
prophet

Reply #3 - 04/26/17 at 10:17:49

The update link on the tool bar allows you to view the patches only. If you want to install the patches you need to use SM-V. Only one user really needs to check and install patches so all other users should In EVO go to Settings US-A and under the Misc. tab, make sure the Disable Check for Updates at Login is checked.

IP Logged
cmsk

Reply #4 - 04/27/17 at 07:00:35

Well I did the Patch update this morning from SM-V and it did allow me to Update, i.e. no grey button.  

I find it very odd that the link on the tool bar brings up the exact same program, but it doesn't let you Patch from there.

Is there any way for an Admin to disable other users from doing the Updates, or does each user need to do it at their level?

--
Thank you
Chris Simo-Kinzer
Vice President

Pervasive 9.5
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 04/27/17 at 07:30:09

The program is called from different places passing different parameters which control what it does.  The IS Tech toolbar on the menu calls it in a view only mode so any user can check to see what patches are available and click the What's New link to see exactly what they address.  SM-V on the menu calls it in active mode so by restricting who has access to SM-V you can control who actually has the ability to download them.  Downloading at SM-V by any user updates all users.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print