Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/16/24 at 15:37:12
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Credit Card vs Check Register (Bank) Reconcile (Read 2097 times)
GinaR
Browser

Anything Worth Doing
is Worth Doing Right

Credit Card vs Check Register (Bank) Reconcile
04/17/18 at 13:37:08

I have searched the forums for any information on the process of using the credit card reconciliation versus the bank reconciliation and cannot seem to find anything.  Does anybody have a step by step process for the credit card reconciliation, since it seems to be far pickier than the check register reconciliation?  When using the credit card reconciliation, I cannot "tag" any of the items and every item listed comes up with "missing GL account" error message.  As I am trying to work through processes and procedures that were in place long before my time, I am unsure as to whether I should attempt to clear out all of the CC transactions through the CC reconciliation and/or whether it is even possible to "fix" them.

IP Logged
prophet

Re: Credit Card vs Check Register (Bank) Reconcile
Reply #1 - 04/18/18 at 09:41:16

When you setup the credit card in the Bank setup did you set it up as a type CC along with a valid Liability account? I would suggest checking out the Web Help under the Help first and look at the information for GL-L before going any further.

IP Logged
GinaR
Browser

Anything Worth Doing
is Worth Doing Right

Reply #2 - 04/25/18 at 08:28:11

Thank you, prophet.  I am not sure how it was originally set up.  I will need to do some research.  I recently took over this position from another individual, and have no experience with EVO - Quickbooks,Yes; Peachtree, Yes.  Extensive database experience I do have, so EVO reminds me a lot of some of the database programs I have used, but I am not familiar enough with EVO yet to know exactly where to look for all of the settings, etc.

IP Logged
prophet

Reply #3 - 04/25/18 at 09:27:31

You can check the settings, in AD-B under the accounting. Go to AD-B click on the setup banks and select the credit card account.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print