Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/29/24 at 01:17:19
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Check Register Reconciliation (Read 4455 times)
GinaR
Browser

Anything Worth Doing
is Worth Doing Right

Check Register Reconciliation
05/01/18 at 13:42:35

I cannot get used to the "relaxed" approach that EVO takes towards a bank reconciliation.  That said, I would like to know how you can "reverse" a reconciliation to try and clear up "garbage" that existed in a previous reconciliation.  Also, as we use a voucher method of moving expenses that were paid by the President on his personal credit card into his Note Payable, at the end of the month, there are multiple Credit/
Debit transactions on the bank account that "zero" each other out, but yet affect the ending balance of the bank account.  I should like to think that there is a method in EVO of offsetting and/or handling these types of "zero" dollar transactions, but cannot find much of anything on reversing a reconciliation or the reconciliation process itself within EVO.  Please help!  Smiley

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Check Register Reconciliation
Reply #1 - 05/01/18 at 20:10:10

Not sure what you mean by "relaxed".   You can't reconcile anything that hasn't hit the bank transaction register (GL-I)

GL-J has an option to mark cleared items as uncleared which would be an "Undo" of a reconciliation.  As for the other entries you are referring to, I suspect the issue is related to the way you are entering them.  Anything that affects cash and is not normal AP or AR needs to be entered in GL-B as type 2 or 3 transaction, not Type 1.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print