Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/29/24 at 04:39:02
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tracking Credit Hold Removals (Read 1184 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Tracking Credit Hold Removals
05/30/18 at 15:12:44

It would be REALLY great IF we could track the users who remove accounts from credit hold to get a sales order shipped even though accounting has forbidden this.  We have this happen quite a few times and there seems to be no way to stop it.  Our sales reps claim ignorance  lips sealed when asked how it got changed.  Roll Eyes Sales reps are the ones who setup accounts because accounting feels they do not have the time, and they won't get it done fast enough for Sales.  So Sales enters customer accounts and then creates the orders.  If Accounting has flagged the account On Credit Hold, because Sales has access to AR-A they can flip that off and we don't know who's done it.

I know we are not the only company to have their sales reps enter customer accounts.  Therefore, it would be better to have that credit hold be enabled/disabled from another Accounting function that Sales would not have access to--I agree with previous users this should be a more controlled, financial function.

A report showing accounts on credit hold, when they were put on, by whom, when removed, by whom would be helpful, too.  

Just a request from the peeps, who keep telling me to find a way to block this or figure out whodoneit!  Sad

TIA!

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Tracking Credit Hold Removals
Reply #1 - 05/31/18 at 08:58:40

We can look into it but meantime take away AR-A and give them CM-A to set up new accounts and convert to customer.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 05/31/18 at 08:59:56

Also, CM-A access will allow them to update changes to address and contact information which will synch with the customer master but prevent them from accessing the credit hold setting.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 06/08/18 at 09:16:30

Thanks, Lynn.  I will run this past Finance / sr management. Sounds like a good work around (I'm sure sales won't feel that way... Wink

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print