Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/17/24 at 02:53:52
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Batch Labor Entry and Work Centers (Read 912 times)
GinaR
Browser

Anything Worth Doing
is Worth Doing Right

Batch Labor Entry and Work Centers
05/31/18 at 06:54:17

When we input batch labor and need to choose a work center for non-production type activities, not all work centers are available to choose from the list.  At present, we have a total of 14 items displayed within the Sequence/Work Center table; however have MANY more work centers that have been defined and are being used by manufacturing but not available for batch labor entry.  Can anybody tell me why this is and how I can fix it?  For example, "tooling" is not direct manufacturing labor and is costed out to and indirect labor work order.  Tooling has a work center number of 13, I see it defined in the work centers, but yet I cannot choose it from within the batch labor entry session under the sequence options.  I have compared the work center field definitions against those of other work center items that we CAN see through batch labor entry and see absolutely no difference in the way the items were set up.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Batch Labor Entry and Work Centers
Reply #1 - 05/31/18 at 08:57:15

Labor entry is looking at sequences on work orders, not work centers.  You can only choose a sequence on the routing of the work order you care charging labor to.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
GinaR
Browser

Anything Worth Doing
is Worth Doing Right

Re: Batch Labor Entry and Work Centers
Reply #2 - 05/31/18 at 09:43:08

Thank you, Lynn.  I added it as a sequence on the indirect work order.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print