Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/29/24 at 03:38:59
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Way to do Vendor Prepayments (Read 1588 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Way to do Vendor Prepayments
06/13/18 at 10:05:53

Holly asked us this question - anyone have any input here on how to do this better? Please advise!

"Currently we have a very round about way of prepaying vendors for purchase order inventory. First we enter a voucher through AP-B. Next we issue payment through the normal process [AP-F (pick), AP-G (prof ck reg), AP-H (print)]. Once the parts are received & added to the RNI report. We will enter a PO invoice through AP-C to remove the parts from the RNI & then enter a reverse voucher through AP-B to remove the amount from the AP aging (since it has already been paid).

Aside from this being quite a few steps, it does not show prepayments in the same way that the Accounts Receivable module does (AR-N). We have nothing other than manual notes to make sure a vendor does not double-charge us. As well, we temporarily end up with a bunch of items on the RNI that could be removed immediately if we had a counterpart in the AP module like AR deposits. In other words a way to keep track of & apply AP deposits in EVO. Is there such a thing & we have not noticed it yet?

I did see a COD option in AP-C, but when I ran through it in the test company, it still advised me that there was no receivers for the PO (kind of defeats the purpose). Maybe we are not doing it correctly???"

TIA,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Way to do Vendor Prepayments
Reply #1 - 06/14/18 at 14:04:13

AP-V  Enter Vendor Deposits.  It is a relatively new program added a couple of years ago.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 06/19/18 at 10:35:41

Thanks, I will pass it along. Any documentation for AP-V?  I don't see anything in the web help. I know they will ask me about it.

Kind regards,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 06/19/18 at 11:53:20

Holly replied back to me and has another question:
I checked this out in the Sources test company. It looks like we may have to do a couple of things first here. We will need to set up an AP account number for deposits (like the deferred revenue on the AR side)-this should be no problem.  

The other part is--it doesn't ask for a bank account & check number like the AR deposit module does. Is there a link we need to know about for this?

Please advise - thanks!

Val

update:  Holly says
 I did a little more research & I think I may have figured out most of it. I guess the one question I do have is how do I link the new account number for AP deposits to AP-V..I'm talking about the setting up a GL account (I believe she's thinking along the lines of when the AR deposit account was setup--which she didn't do.)    I am going to guess I would link this in the settings some place?

Update: I just looked at settings, and there is an AP Deposits field to enter the account # into!  Yay!

« Last Edit: 06/19/18 at 13:15:24 by gtladmin »  

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pyramid
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 09/25/18 at 11:11:09

I am using DBA Classic.  I don't have a AP-V option.  Don't normally have to prepaid suppliers.  But that has recently happened.  Do I need to set up something in AM-C  first to access the Enter AP deposit module?  Or is there a setting in the SD-Q that needs to change?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 09/25/18 at 11:39:46

It is only available in Evo-ERP.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com