Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/29/24 at 08:14:46
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
unable to find the BKICMSTR record for part xxxx (Read 1079 times)
JamesO

unable to find the BKICMSTR record for part xxxx
09/21/18 at 07:51:51

A few days ago we deleted a duplicate part "xxxx" from the MTICMSTR and BKICMSTR. All seemed fine.
Today, our finance person was trying to do an IN-F (print inventory report) and she received the message " Unable to find the BKICMSTR record for part "xxxx". This part will be excluded form this report". I did a quick forum search and someone mentioned to make sure the part actually exists in both the MTICMSTR and BKICMSTR. I did just look and the part is in each.
  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you,
Jimmy

IP Logged
prophet

Re: unable to find the BKICMSTR record for part xx
Reply #1 - 09/21/18 at 11:36:49

make sure the two records match. Part number, Class, those two fields should be exactly the same in both files.  

IP Logged
JamesO

Reply #2 - 09/26/18 at 08:14:04

I check the tables and did notice that there is one record in the BKICMSTR and 2 in the MTICMSTR. One one of the ones in the MTICMSTR has a slightly different spelling.
I assume that the problem is the extra record?? What to do next??

IP Logged
prophet

Reply #3 - 09/26/18 at 09:08:26

If the one that has different spelling has no matching record in the BKICMSTR then go ahead and add the records, code, class, should do it. The reason i say add the record is because I don't know if there is any history for that part. Once you add the record you should be able to bring it up in IN-B and delete it. If it has no history it should let you delete the part. If it does have some history then other steps will have to be taken to get rid of it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print