Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/08/24 at 16:15:59
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cannot bill serialized parts (Read 1301 times)
lizod1

Cannot bill serialized parts
01/03/19 at 12:14:25

Getting the error message "You have tried to access a file that has not been previously opened or the file number value (FNUM) passed was 0"
when doing SO-E Release Sales Orders for serialized parts.
We do the IN-I Enter Finished Production transaction then forward the pack slip to billing.

Until we recently updated to the 2018-2 & 2018-3 versions of EVO we have had no problems in this area.
What can be wrong?
Thanks,
Liz Odell
B&G Electronic Assembly, Inc.

Liz Odell
EVO/ERP v2016.2, updt 08/17/16 10 User

Email   IP Logged
dkinser
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Cannot bill serialized parts
Reply #1 - 01/07/19 at 08:29:22

We're in the same position.  Our accounting has contacted Lynn, but we've received no resolution yet.

Email   IP Logged
prophet

Reply #2 - 01/07/19 at 09:10:49

I have a few questions. Do you enter the serials at the SO line level or when releasing the SO. What is the Enhancement date on the SO-A and SO-E programs you are using. I tried to duplicate the issue and for me it worked without any issues so there is a step i must be missing.

IP Logged
lizod1

Reply #3 - 01/07/19 at 14:38:39

I have passed this conversation on to the accounting person having the problem. She will give me the answer as to how she does the process.
I checked my version of the screens SO-A (11/20/18) & SO-E (11/7/18). The accounting person and SO entry person is using SO-A (08/14/14). Accounting is using SO-E (11/7/18).
Today we billed the remaining part (serial controlled) on an order and the system went on ahead thru the release, print, post sequence automatically!! Plus it gave the new invoice number as the original one billed in Oct. for this last serial number????
Printed the one invoice number on two pages with the date for page 1 as 10/24/18 and page 2 for 01/07/19.
We are at wits end.
We do not assign serial numbers at time of SO-A. We religiously put them in at WO-I time. Work Orders are created for the line item quantity but then we cross it off and write 1 and initial and date the cross out. Thus, when we do the WO-I Enter Finished Production we do them one at a time and enter the serial number then.
Accounting says that S/N's are entered when releasing Sales Order.
Any assistance in solving this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Liz

Liz Odell

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 01/07/19 at 16:36:41

The DBA version of the SO-E program (BKSOE.RUN) has a problem that programming is working on.  The Evo version (T7SOE.RWN) is working.  If you use Evo make sure the menu is calling the T7 Evo version of the program.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
lizod1

Reply #5 - 01/07/19 at 19:41:24

We are on EVO and she is using the T7SOE.RWN program.
Before the holiday break we updated to the 2018.2 & 2018.3 versions of EVO.
When we came back and billed the serial control parts for the first time is when the problem arose.
Liz

Liz Odell

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print